Team Formation

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Team Formation

Postby bryt » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Vino wrote:(Sorry Bryan but I'm hijacking your OP)

Like I said in the sticky, the first task is to find a programmer. If anybody fits or knows someone who fits this description, I'll keep an eye out for it ITT. From the sticky thread:

2) I can't do the coding alone, we need to find another coder. Someone who believes in the concept, someone I can trust, someone who has time to devote to it and passion about it and about game development. Someone I can talk to well who has a good head for design. Experience in UDK is a plus and experience in programming is a must. This will be the trickiest part I think, I haven't even started thinking about finding someone.

Use this thread to offer your services. Let everyone know what your skill-set is, and about how much time you expect being able to put in over a given amount of time. I'm not pretending to lead this btw, though I expect Vino will. I just want to see what kinds of talent we have available to us. Nothing said here need be a permanent commitment, as it won't be an accurate representation of a "official" team anyways. But this thread might be useful in making contacts and getting an idea of what we have to work with. I'll start:

Name: Bryan
Skills (highest to lowest):
Animator(XSI/Messiah), 3D Technical Director, 3D Modelling/Sculpting, Audio engineering, programming(intermediate), level design, 3D texturing.
Preferred Role:
View-model animation/rigging, art design.
Availability:
weekend work only, maybe 6 hours a week, tops. I have several other projects i'm currently committed to, but can spare some time if i'm given clear goals and detailed tasks (and full clearance to complete them without dependency conflicts).
Notes:
I have absolutely no desire to be "in charge" of anything related to this project. Most of you guys understand what you want much better than I do since I wasn't a heavy TS player back in the day. I won't pretend I know how to read anyone's mind here. So if i'm going to help, please give me something that you can either trust me with, or give me detailed instructions regarding what you want.
bryt

Re: Team Formation

Postby Shogi » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Name: Kevin
Skills (highest to lowest):
Animator(3DS Max/Maya), 3D Modelling/Sculpting, programming(intermediate), user interface design, assorted odd jobs
Availability: Currently unemployed, so I've got nothing but time.
Notes: I can model and animate but I'm still learning how to UVW map and texture, so I'd need help with that. If there's any task that needs doing I can probably do it or help with it. I would like to be very involved in developing this, and not necessarily just on the art side. This would be a great entry on my resume/portfolio.
Shogi

Postby Vino » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Edited OP w/ new info. Need to find another coder first. I know artists are probably more important, but it's a big motivation factor for me that we get someone else to take some of the load off. I'm way too busy to do all of the coding myself so this project won't go anywhere unless I know I won't have to.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Who's going to be audio lead?
ImageImage
Dan

Postby ThinRedPaste » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Name: Justin
Skills:
Animator(lol, milkshape, learning maya), 3D Modelling/Tweaking, Problem Solving
Preferred Role:
Animation - both weapons and characters
Availability:
As long as I'm not at work, I'm available.
Notes:
Probably not as skilled as others, but I'll help out where I can. I tend toward flashier animations (see ebony and ivory TS models) and I like to make things act a little different. At this point, my biggest hurdle is that I never bothered to learn any of the tools that can be used with anything newer than HL1. I've been messing with maya, and it seems pretty similar to what i'm used to, but itll take some time before I get the hang of its nuances and tricks like I have with milkhsape.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

Postby bryt » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:20 pm

faggotron 5000 wrote:Who's going to be audio lead?

Oh yeah, i can do audio production if i have to... but i'd prefer just mastering it. As i don't really have time to please a bunch of gun nuts with good accurate source hunting.
bryt

Postby Weedwacker » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:29 pm

Aww man, I have no skills :(
Lemonade was a popular drink, and it still is
Grunty wrote:honestly if i could suck my own dick i would

Weedwacker

Postby Vino » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 pm

There's more than just gun sounds you know. Menu sounds, body sounds, yadeya.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Antagonist » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:40 pm

I can do some voices in a Swedish accent (except my girlfriend wants me to have a Texan accent).
[Stink.inc | Antagonist]
Antagonist

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Vino wrote:There's more than just gun sounds you know. Menu sounds, body sounds, yadeya.

Exactly. I read one of the design journals for Brink and the audio director really put an emphasis on foley sounds to make the movement feel believable.
ImageImage
Dan

Postby bryt » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:21 pm

bryitis wrote:Oh yeah, i can do audio production if i have to... but i'd prefer just mastering it. As i don't really have time to please a bunch of gun nuts with good accurate source hunting. I DONT HAVE TIME TO DO LOTS OF SOURCE HUNTING

Fixed
bryt

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:29 pm

I'll volunteer for audio lead then. I have experience recording foley and sound effects and stuff. Also implementing sounds into sound cues in UDK.
ImageImage
Dan

Postby Shogi » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:51 pm

I've taken a class in Sound Design so, if absolutely necessary, I can help edit/mix sounds. I don't have the proper equipment to do any kind of sound capture though.
Shogi

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:25 pm

Shogi wrote:I've taken a class in Sound Design so, if absolutely necessary, I can help edit/mix sounds. I don't have the proper equipment to do any kind of sound capture though.

I've got field recording gear, we can collab!
ImageImage
Dan

Postby misanq » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:14 am

Weedwacker wrote:Aww man, I have no skills :(

You'll never get a prom date now. :(
misanq

Next

Return to Double Action Development