Score system

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Score system

Postby Antagonist » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:07 pm

I have thought a bit about this. TS had its stunt bonus and particular weapon bonuses. In my opinion, that kind of worked in TS. However, for this new venture, I feel like the current ideas we are throwing around makes me think that one kill = one point sounds better. Do yall agree?
[Stink.inc | Antagonist]
Antagonist

Re: Score system

Postby raidyr » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:16 pm

For a first release definitely. We can expand on stunt kills later. KISS.
Grunty wrote:i'm sorry Shogi, I honestly believe everyone is equal, but there's just something about black people that just piss me the fuck off

raidyr

Postby Shogi » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:42 pm

I suggest a we separate score from kills. Kills would be the straight number, score would be the result of multipliers and etc.
Shogi

Postby Antagonist » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:47 pm

I think that if we have that handy meter, you'll probably get more kills by doing stunts without it multiplying score, because stunting gives you - wow there. Steady now. Steady - more points to your meter!
[Stink.inc | Antagonist]
Antagonist

Postby Vino » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:59 pm

My biggest gripe with the score was that it was integers only. A stunt kill in my mind is not worth 3x as much as a regular kill, but there's no way to make a kill worth 1.2x as much without doing something like making kills worth 10 points and stunt kills 12 points.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Wish » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:00 pm

I like kills as the measure of your success. I like what Antag said. Style goes to your meter, presumably your meter helps you get more kills. Profit.

This meter is going to be super tricky to implement. It's going to make for something interesting playtesting.
Wish

Postby Hadji|DP » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:29 pm

Wish wrote:I like kills as the measure of your success. I like what Antag said. Style goes to your meter, presumably your meter helps you get more kills. Profit.

This meter is going to be super tricky to implement. It's going to make for something interesting playtesting.

I also feel that having stunts as a way to give you an advantage (since people doing stunts will most likely be limiting their loadout to 1 pistol) by adding to your meter allows for stunts to be more than "just for style" or just to inflate your score. This way rifle users don't feel excluded from some reward because they'll be gaining meter anyway for shooting/killing people.
Hadji|DP

Return to Double Action Development