Soundtrack

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Soundtrack

Postby Dan » Wed May 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Types of music we might need:

Action Boogaloo Main Theme? Loading screen music? Music for the gameplay trailer? Perhaps even BGM for maps, or fake "lore" music from the Action Boogaloo universe to work into in-map radios/stereo systems?

Style:

80's inspired themes

Big drum kit sounds, catchier melodies, funkier approach.

Modern film/orchestral

"Epic" arrangements that are less catchy, bigger sounding.

Something Classy

Mellower jazzy, classical, and 70's styles that may not be "film" music but would fit the "stylish" theme and work well as menu/title screen music.

ImageImage
Dan

Re: Soundtrack

Postby Shogi » Wed May 04, 2011 10:06 pm

We don't really need a full blown soundtrack. If I recall, Ts didn't really have one (until version whatever that had some menu music). Just something low key that breaks up any silence like in menus. Simple drum beats that build up and slow down, maybe add a tiny bit of guitar or another instrument in, and have gunfire fade in and out.
Shogi

Postby Dan » Wed May 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Shogi wrote:We don't really need a full blown soundtrack. If I recall, Ts didn't really have one (until version whatever that had some menu music). Just something low key that breaks up any silence like in menus. Simple drum beats that build up and slow down, maybe add a tiny bit of guitar or another instrument in, and have gunfire fade in and out.

That sounds like it would be appropriate. I think I will get to work on some potential menu screen ambiences then. Any other suggestions for style or approach appreciated.
ImageImage
Dan

Postby Vino » Wed May 04, 2011 11:32 pm

I love quirky and offbeat sound tracks. I really liked the jazz/rap that went on ingame in some TS maps. Orchestrated doesn't hold as much for me, the earlier songs posted "Charles Bronson, Arnold" were much more interesting to me.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby bryt » Wed May 04, 2011 11:58 pm

This is a non-commercial game... so, more hammertime type stuff please. that boom-box remains one the most iconic set-pieces of TS to me.

Mob Mansion/Executive Office: classical music
Die-Hard tower: maybe a moody low-pad ambient track with distant city noises and police sirens mixed in. 80's synths and foley effects, all down-tempo.
Holiday Resort: reggae lounge music
Night Club: Madonna - Lucky Star... this just makes me smile after seeing Snatch a dozen times.
any elevator: elevator music. the cheesier the better.

EDIT: in fact... pretty much all Guy Ritchie movies are a perfect reference to the types of soundtrack flavors i'd like to see in a game like this.
bryt

Postby Shogi » Thu May 05, 2011 12:02 am

Vino wrote:I love quirky and offbeat sound tracks. I really liked the jazz/rap that went on ingame in some TS maps. Orchestrated doesn't hold as much for me, the earlier songs posted "Charles Bronson, Arnold" were much more interesting to me.

Tank!
Shogi

Postby Venge » Thu May 05, 2011 2:12 am

Never ever ever gets old.

Face witches get bitches.
Venge

Postby Tilaron » Thu May 05, 2011 11:00 am

In that case:

And:

TOGSolid wrote:Instead of treating these boards like a place to chill out and shoot the shit, y'all treat it like some sort of faggy trolling haven. Well fuck that noise, I'm out.

Tilaron

Postby Hadji|DP » Thu May 05, 2011 12:18 pm

I actually think if we're going for a cartoon/drawn aesthetic that the 80s style tracks should be what we go for. Jazz though is a good option too, fucking TANK, as shogi said.

ALSO MORE FUNK AND WAILING GUITARS IN MY ACTION GAMES PLS
Hadji|DP

Return to Double Action Development