This thread will always contain the latest build of Double Action: Boogaloo and chat about the changes.WARNING: THIS GAME IS IN DELTA. IT IS NOT INTENDED AS A FINAL PRODUCT.
It's reasonably stable and should be straightforward to install and use, but you will encounter bugs and a lot of placeholder art.
Windows: http://www.moddb.com/mods/double-action ... 03-windows
Linux: http://www.moddb.com/mods/double-action ... 1103-linux
Last update: November 3, 2013
Requires Source SDK Base 2013IF YOU HAVE AN SDK 2007 VERSION INSTALLED
you must delete it before installing this one. If you get a "could not load client library" or similar error, you need to delete the dab folder, restart steam, reinstall, restart steam again, basically just keep reinstalling and restarting steam until it works.IF YOU SEE NO SERVERS
you must delete your dab directory and reinstall. Also try verifying your tool cache for SDK 2013.
Git repository: https://github.com/BSVino/DoubleAction
All of the assets (models sounds etc) are in a shared BitTorrent Sync
folder. Here is the read-only secret: BPOJT55Z4BFMS6H3OH6QR7IFHZN3LDGP5 With this secret you can access all of the source files for the assets. You can also access all of our source files through HTTP here
DEDICATED SERVER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Download SteamCMD here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD
2. Make a directory for srcds, I called mine "srcds".
3. Put SteamCMD inside that folder and run it. On Windows it's just a double click, on Linux it's ./steamcmd
4. Type "login anonymous" but without the quotes, or you can use your own Steam login if you like.
5. Type "force_install_dir ./sdk2013" but without the quotes.
6. Type "app_update 244310 validate" but without the quotes. This will download a whole bunch of crap.
7. Type "quit" but without the quotes.
8. Go into the "sdk2013" folder that should now exist inside your "srcds" folder.
9. Unpack the dab.zip or dab.tgz (either is fine) into the sdk2013 directory such that the dab directory is in the sdk2013 directory. Your setup should look like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/420 ... rsetup.png
From here on the instructions are different for each platform. On Windows:
9. Type Windowskey-R. (Windowskey is the button between ctrl and alt on the bottom left of your keyboard.) Type "cmd" and press enter. This should open a command prompt.
10. Type "cd \srcds\sdk2013" or whatever the directory you made is called.
11. Type "srcds -game dab" but, of course, without the quotes.
12. Press the "Start server" button.
9. In a command prompt, type "cd ~/srcds/sdk2013/bin" or whatever the directory you made is called.
10. Type these two commands:
ln -s soundemittersystem_srv.so soundemittersystem.so
ln -s scenefilecache_srv.so scenefilecache.so
11. Type "cd .." and then "./srcds_run -game dab +map da_rooftops"