Re: Female Player Models

Postby Wish » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:11 pm

It's based on me. It's to scale.
Wish

Postby bryt » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:59 am

Wish wrote:Young man, you are confused.

not really.

by all means, jump on it. my sarcasm was mostly aimed at the probability of female player models being made an official priority by some kind of majority vote (especially considering how many official priorities have successfully been set so far). though i doubt anyone will try to stop anyone from making awesome player models, be they male or female. this is an open project after all. do we all agree it is needed? does it contribute to the overall artistic goal we originally had in mind? did we ever know what that is? do we care anymore? my answer is "no" to all the above based on what i've seen. that shouldn't stop us from moving forward... i just hope we don't suddenly start viewing this situation as a "bad thing".

your model looks great though, i'd be really excited to see that quality pushed to a female character. if i had the time, i would already be trying to coordinate getting animations started for it.
bryt

Postby Wish » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:14 pm

I'll pass your compliments along to the guy actually making it.

It's not finished; the hair and lapels still need fixing at the very least - but if you see glaring errors, now is the time to point them out.
Wish

Postby BullHorn » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:25 am

The only reason I play Lineage 2 is to watch the Dark Elf female's tits jiggle while she runs, I swear.
[Stink.Inc | BullHorn]
BullHorn

Postby Wish » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:31 pm

This is the time to point out problems if you see them.
Wish

Postby BullHorn » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Needs bigger chin <3
[Stink.Inc | BullHorn]
BullHorn

Postby bryt » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:26 pm

give em a scar on his face somewhere. right now i get the vague feeling he is a backstreet boy.
bryt

Postby misanq » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:00 am

The hands look kind of weird in this version, like the fingers seem a oddly thin and the palm seems to get wider towards the wrist rather than thinner, maybe it's just the angle though. Also, is the elbow actually flat or is it just the angle too? I'd suggest that hair looks a bit on the white side as well, especially considering how young the rest of the model looks. Oh and you can see a UV seam on toe of the left shoe and the tie seems to go white where it meets the vest. If your modeling bro decides to go back and change the mesh I'd suggest maybe bringing the cuff back to the middle of the wrist and making closer to or flush against the skin, so that it's less likely to clip into the gun models like it is there.

Other than that it's very good, particularly for a HL2 model. The face and skin look especially good.
misanq

Postby Vino » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:07 am

Yeah I'm with Bryan on the backstreet boy thing. Now that it's been seen it can't be unseen. If not a scar, something else maybe?
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby misanq » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:30 am

Crow's feet maybe? A scar might be a bit sinister for a boy scout gone bad.
misanq

Postby Wish » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:22 am

Crow's feet would have to be very exaggerated to even be visible ingame. I don't think a scar is right for him. But I'm open to suggestions to make him look slightly more grizzled. Within reason.

I think some of the angular strangeness is the HL2 skeleton, but I'll pass those observations along.

The patch of white hair on the right temple is deliberate; I have one just like it, and I'm 22. He's not old, it's just one of those things.
Wish

Postby Vino » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Maybe he just needs more 5'oclock shadow and less cleanshaven neatness.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Looks like his tie got cut off for some reason.

It'd be nice for him to have a little bit more hair on the sides of his head and maybe some more in the back. I don't mean make it anime, but I can't help but look at that guy and see a younger bald space marine.
ImageImage
Dan

Postby ThinRedPaste » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:01 am

the hands look all sorts of wrong, the tie texture is weird, and the black is so dark that all the detail of the model disappears into it. Also, I didnt notice it before, but his jacket is too wide open. the only person i've seen who drapes their jacket on their shoulders like that is, well...

The elbows I'm chalking up to the rigging. Doesn't look like multiple vertex weights were used, so it deforms like ye olde hl1 models. Fingers could be a related issue, but I think the mesh has them spread too wide to fit the skeleton properly. even in the textureless renders his hands looked awful scrawny compared to the rest of his build, though.

The face needs some shading. the mesh's face looks more gaunt with no texture, so if the texture is made to kind of amplify that, I think it'll help.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

PreviousNext

Return to Double Action Development