Characters (Chun is top tier.)

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Re: Characters (Chun is top tier.)

Postby Vino » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:42 pm

Due to Terp's heroic efforts, we should have a real player model by the next update. He took the Wish player model and ported it to the new DAB skeleton and it should be ready by the next release. Everybody say thank you to him because he almost went crazy doing it.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby ThinRedPaste » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:16 am

pfft, almost. you think i was swearing on steam chat, you should have heard me in person. and at the end of it, it still isnt really usable.

ADDENDUM: Reweighted the whole fucking thing manually, we now have a player model. FUCK YOU, xsi. I won't lose to your bitch ass. You ain't shit.
Eye textures still arent working, dont know why. Enjoy your pink glowy eyes, wish.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

Postby Wish » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:46 am

You're the guy, trp.

It's funny how that model went from actually looking like me to looking nothing like me to finally looking like me when I was in high school.

Still a handsome devil, pink eyes and all.
Wish

Postby Dementei » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:36 am

Delicious, thanks terpy.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Antagonist » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:39 am

I had a playthrough of Metal Gear Solid 3 because my girlfriend couldn't get enough of passanger-seat gaming through the Metal Gear games. Lucky me. : - )

Fighting the Cobra unit once again made me realize that our character designs might not be kitchy enough. We need more extravagant guys, like the "brass eagle" guy that someone drew. I'm thinking that we still need "realistic" HL2 style graphics but with lots of improbable and cool details. Cops and robbers with some playful design. Right now we're hitting the "cops & robbers" theme, but not the action boogaloo.

I mean, just look at guys like The Fear in MGS3. Holy goddamn shit. Or why not just take a peek at Ocelot? Fucking Russian cowboy. That's cool.

Ok guys, sorry if this is a necro that you all don't want. Just thought it's been a while since we talked about chars.
[Stink.inc | Antagonist]
Antagonist

Postby Vino » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:31 am

No, I'm with you really. I think Wish was a good effort but a step in the wrong direction. I don't mind keeping him because he represents a lot of work for someone and he's kinda stylish, but if I were to have another character designed from the ground up it would be more like Brass Eagle.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Dementei » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 am

I can't wait for new character models.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Kral » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Antagonist wrote:Dress suit Gordon Freeman was the best player model ever. : (

Can someone please make a homage to this? He doesn't have to be blatantly labeled as Gordon Freeman, but at least make some sort of model and backstory that alludes to Gordon that would be comical and simultaneously badass.

I want the sky to cry itself dry.
Kral

Postby Antagonist » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:39 am

I agree. We could even have an alternate universe Gordon who is still a scientist but more like the Tony Stark kind of scientist and not so much the geeky ponytail scientist type.
[Stink.inc | Antagonist]
Antagonist

Postby ThinRedPaste » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:08 pm

+1 Tony Stark ripoff, whether he looks like gordon or not. We should do some other obvious character ripoffs as well - Asian guy with aviators and trench coat full of holes, big buff guy with biker clothes, guy in a wifebeater and no shoes, guy with brown leather jacket, long hair, and eyepatch, guy in suit and tie, etc.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

Previous

Return to Double Action Development