How to set up hammer for dab

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

How to set up hammer for dab

Postby clankill3r » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Could someone fill this topic with how to do it?

By this i mean that dab shows up at the source sdk tool and that you can run hammer for either dab or another mod.
I tried before and i only get angry by it...

(wish?)
clankill3r

Re: How to set up hammer for dab

Postby DragonNinja » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Just use HL2DM.
DragonNinja

Re: How to set up hammer for dab

Postby misanq » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:58 am

This is pretty involved, so get ready.

1. Open the source tools panel and select 2009 as the engine configuration.
2. Open the edit game configurations panel and create a new config called DAB (or whatever) then link it to your DAB folder.
3. Go to your DAB folder and find a text file called "Game info" open it up and look for a line called "SteamAppID".
4. On the same line there should be a value set at "218", this is the ID of the 2007 source engine. For the game to load properly, this value has to be 218, but to use hammer with the 2009 SDK, you'll want to set it to the 2009 engine, which is "420". You can actually set this to 420, open hammer and then change it back to 218 as soon as the editor is loaded up. Either way, remember to set it back to 218 when you want to run DAB, otherwise it won't work and you might end up having to restart steam.
5. Now open hammer, then go to tools -> options.
6. Create a new game configuration called "DAB" then go to the "Game Data Files" section and remove everything.
7. In the same section click "add" and then go to the sourcesdk -> source2009 -> bin and then select the hl2mp.fdg.
8. Now go to the game executable and game directory sections and point them to your DAB folder.
9. Then point the maps section to your dab/maps folder.
10. Go to the "build programs" tab and check that the compile folder is the same as your DAB/maps folder.

And you're done.
misanq

Return to Double Action Development