Art List [Artists look here]

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Re: Art List [Artists look here]

Postby Vino » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Does he have the sources for them too? Because that's the other problem, if we want to make changes we can't do that with just the final model.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby ThinRedPaste » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:06 pm

with goldsrc models you totally can. decompilers everywhere. Basically, my plan here is to do the animation first, because i can use milkshit for it and that's what I'm used to so I can use it rapidly. Then once the weapon is reanimated, I'll hand it off to someone else to convert, or convert it myself if i ever bother to learn how. So I guess step one is to try and contact authors.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

Postby DragonNinja » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:32 pm

It was Schmung, Kimono and Millenia mainly wasn't it.
DragonNinja

Postby Antagonist » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm going to look for contact info for all the authors. I was thinking that I would e-mail all of them and ask for persmission. Do you think that's a good idea?

-edit-

Actually, y'all have a look at Schmung's releases on GAMEBANANA. All of it looks really good and a lot of this stuff could be useful for the mod. Schmung has always been a really cool guy and we've really no need for new and original models, imo. Why not just ask him directly for permission to use some of his newer stuff (it's all old)? If he's still able to get in contact with the skinner guy for some of the projects (him an Millenia released lots of stuff, for instance), maybe we could get permission from both people.
[Stink.inc | Antagonist]
Antagonist

Postby DragonNinja » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 pm

Everyone responsible for the TS HD Pack.

Schmung
Millenia
Quad
SureShot
TwinkeMasta
Nocturne
TheLama
Stoke
Sin
Snake
Soul_Slayer
Thanez
Wannabe
The Tub
End of Days
Daniel
Vee
-Hav0c
kimono
Geno
pete

Pack itself is here.

Most of their contact info can be found on CDG.
DragonNinja

Postby Antagonist » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Does anyone go to CDG? Might be more effective if someone who is known there would ask about it.

-EDIT-

them guys don't seem to have their e-mails on there.

Do we just make a thread about it? D:
[Stink.inc | Antagonist]
Antagonist

Postby DragonNinja » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:08 pm

Might be best.
DragonNinja

Postby Sin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Hey all, so.... BaronFelX just shed some light to me that this was going on and I wanted to mention that I'll be doing my best to stay active on the boards again.
(tbh, I'm excited to see this is happening and it brings back many fuzzy memories)

Seems like it's been a bit over a month since the last post - have you guys wrapped up on this? If not, I can see what I can do to round folks up and see what permissions we can get.
do let me know, so glad to see everyone here again!
--
Sin

aka [A]ssassiN. // aka brydz
Sin

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:08 pm

Sin wrote:Hey all, so.... BaronFelX just shed some light to me that this was going on and I wanted to mention that I'll be doing my best to stay active on the boards again.
(tbh, I'm excited to see this is happening and it brings back many fuzzy memories)

Seems like it's been a bit over a month since the last post - have you guys wrapped up on this? If not, I can see what I can do to round folks up and see what permissions we can get.
do let me know, so glad to see everyone here again!

We haven't wrapped up. Vino is focusing on another project. When Vino stops working on DAB the rest of us revert to helpless babies who poop our pants.

When Vino resumes work on DAB, everybody else does too. It's marvelous.
ImageImage
Dan

Postby Sin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Dan: That's very interesting and tragic at the same time . . . how do we know when the green light is on?

On-topic:

From what I gathered, we're having trouble contacting folks involved in the HDTS pack.
If we're able to contacts folks for each item/weapon and get their 'OK' to use, and go from there - would that be much help?
If so, I'd be happy to do my part in trying to gather the loose ends
--
Sin

aka [A]ssassiN. // aka brydz
Sin

Postby Vino » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:41 pm

IT'S ON ALL THE TIME GOD DAMMIT WHY DO I HAVE TO BE THE ONLY ONE.

Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with my current side project I'll probably wrap it up this weekend meaning that the following weekend will be back to DAB for a while.

If you want to do some art or some shit I'd gladly take a short break from other stuff to get your art hooked up, so you don't have to stare at it hoping sadly for someone to actually put it in the game.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby ThinRedPaste » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:20 pm

No Jorge. You ARE the production. Everything else that needs done needs code to support it. The only two things that were being worked on at all were the hud and the animations. I don't know about the hud, but working on animations that are just going to languish for indeterminate months before I can even really test them is less than encouraging.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

Postby Vino » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:21 am

Vino wrote:If you want to do some art or some shit I'd gladly take a short break from other stuff to get your art hooked up, so you don't have to stare at it hoping sadly for someone to actually put it in the game.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Dementei » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:37 am

I AM STILL IN THE GAME AS WELL! Glad to hear you will be back with us Vino, hope the rest of you otha guys are livin' well n sht. It's not like a little break hurt anything, I believe the potential is still here, the time off is good, we will see how it pays off when Vino is ready. Also.. I really hope we get that TSHD pack in the mod, we would totally be set.

/inspiration
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Flakk » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:45 pm

ThinRedPaste wrote:weapons are remarkably easy to animate. Recoil looks like recoil looks like recoil. Once you get it right the first time, you can basically just replicate it with different magnitudes. reloading is pretty simple too, unless you're doing something flashy like having him throw one gun in the air while he reloads the other, or animating every individual casing ejected out of a top break revolver (I've done both of these). getting a full character to move naturally is insanely difficult.

and once you have the hands set up once, you just add the appropriate bones for whatever weapon you're doing, and since they're slabs of steel and polymer they're super easy to weight.

speaking of animations, I just updated the player anims in the dropbox. retouched the run again and implemented a quick and dirty dive to slide placeholder where he just stays in the end of dive pose while sliding. It doesn't blend right though.

This.

But it's still hard to animate guns well. To make them feel cool and interesting to look at.

Edit: oh wait, that was a super old post I just quoted. Nevermind me.
Flakk

PreviousNext

Return to Double Action Development