Dedicated Server

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Dedicated Server

Postby UnbalancedMind » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Hello,

I am an old action half life 1 addict and I still play AHL regularly, that being said I am extremely interested in getting a newer more relevant version of AHL out into the world as our community has over the years died down to probably less than 100 people. I know some people who would probably be willing to contribute to the mod if you are looking for skins/models and possibly some maps.

I would be willing to host a dedicated server linux or windows and I would setup a ssh/ftp account for you so you can work on the mod and update shit ect. Please let me know if your interested and what is needed, I currently have a CentOS 6.3 64bit server with Orangebox HL2DM and various mods on it that are working without issue. I will be implementing a Windows 2008R2 64bit server in the next few weeks(waiting on a power supply I just ordered) if we can't get it running on linux.

Thanks,

White_Rabbit[h4x]
UnbalancedMind

Re: Dedicated Server

Postby Dementei » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Hello, yes that would be awesome we could use another server up on DAB, and we are always in need of content. Vino, the mod head, is the person you'll want to talk concerning the server OS and FTP. He'll check up on here soon. Thanks for your help.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby UnbalancedMind » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Right on, I am trying to contact the lead developer of Distraction Half Life, its based on orange box and has the stunt features you are working on. The developer was... less than stable and it failed before it could come to fruition, but we have some very nice maps bullet time(I don't really like it but whatever) which is nice looking weapons skins models and a number of very nice features. They have already decided to give up on the mod as the dev team couldn't get along and are asking for someone to give the source code to... I would like to provide this to you if possible as well.
UnbalancedMind

Postby Dementei » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:31 am

Yea I know about distraction that's pretty cool, Vino will definitely need to get in on this I'll let him know when he comes online!
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Vino » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:57 am

Sorry I was at a conference all day today. Great to hear it! My other server guy is MIA and I was getting worried we wouldn't have a server for Saturday's playtest. Here are the files required for server set-up:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4205810/dab/dab.zip
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4205810/dab/server_i486.so.gz

I update them every time I make a build and I've now added them to the "latest version" thread so you can grab them when there's an update.

To be notified of an update, follow these forums or the double action Steam group or my Twitter.

Thank you for being willing to help us!

As for Distraction, I wouldn't mind integrating their content, I'm not terribly picky about where it comes from as long as it wasn't stolen from other games and the authors give consent. We do, however, need to have the sources so we can add our own animations and so on.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Return to Double Action Development