shitter's gun suggestions

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

shitter's gun suggestions

Postby shitterofpants » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Beretta U22 Neos (If you're looking for a .22LR caliber handgun)

Beretta 93R (9mm three round burst handgun_

Chiappa Rhino (Available in both .44 and .357 magnum, and longer barrels.)

Serbu Super Shorty

Armsel Striker

Mossberg 464 SPX (Modern tactical lever action rifle, available in multiple calibers.)

Beretta CX4 Storm Rifle (9mm caliber I believe, semi-automatic)
Last edited by shitterofpants on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
shitterofpants

Re: shitter's gun suggestions

Postby Daniel » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm

I just want to put that lever-action out of its misery.

I've always been a bit partial to the Rhino. I dunno why you'd want it and the Mateba, though.

It's probably inevitable that a DE appears, but I really hope it's not a long barrel. They're so ugly. :\

Any slot the Serbu could fill will probably be filled by a double barrel sawed off, cause I don't think anyone doesn't want to see one of those.

Auto-shotguns are notoriously tough to balance, so there might never be one. They're either useless or stupidly strong.
Daniel

Postby shitterofpants » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Daniel wrote:I just want to put that lever-action out of its misery.

I've always been a bit partial to the Rhino. I dunno why you'd want it and the Mateba, though.

It's probably inevitable that a DE appears, but I really hope it's not a long barrel. They're so ugly. :\

Any slot the Serbu could fill will probably be filled by a double barrel sawed off, cause I don't think anyone doesn't want to see one of those.

Auto-shotguns are notoriously tough to balance, so there might never be one. They're either useless or stupidly strong.

I'm not saying to add both the Rhino and Mateba to the game, this thread is just me throwing random guns into suggestion for the dev team and community. That's all. I'd prefer the Rhino myself.

The lever action would be cool in my opinion, and the Serbu could very much take the place of the sawed off. :P
shitterofpants

Postby Vino » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:09 am

A lot of cool guns in here. I wouldn't mind seeing many of them in the game. The berettas look cool, also the pump action.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Dementei » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:52 am

PUT EM ALL IN! 8)
No but really, I do like how different these guns look it also gives us room to set the guns of how we want them since they aren't exactly popular among other shooters.
Look at these other cool Vector weapons too: http://www.kriss-usa.com/products

I imagine the modelling process for these would be quite the task though.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby shitterofpants » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:56 am

Dementei wrote:PUT EM ALL IN! 8)
No but really, I do like how different these guns look it also gives us room to set the guns of how we want them since they aren't exactly popular among other shooters.
Look at these other cool Vector weapons too: http://www.kriss-usa.com/products

I imagine the modelling process for these would be quite the task though.

The thing with that is though, is that you really need variety in your weapons. You can't have 4 different versions of the same gun (AKA the vector).

I don't know how others feel about this, as this is more of a guerrilla style weapon, but I just think it'd be really cool to see a compound bow in the game. With gameplay mechanics similar to that of Turok, this would be fucking awesome to play with in Double Action, and no game really has bows anymore, aside from the Call of Duty crossbows.

shitterofpants

Postby Daniel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:00 am

What? Bows are the hot new thing. Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider are heavily featuring them. I feel like there's one more I can't remember too.

That said, a bow mitebcool

Might need a jungle/forest level to match, too...
Daniel

Postby Vino » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 am

Bows seem daunting to me from a design perspective. How do you dive while shooting a bow? I mean rule of cool yeah but I don't know if we can get away with diving while shooting a bow and still having any accuracy at all. I think it would be a great challenge to fit bows into the design of DA, which is sad because bows are super cool.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby shitterofpants » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Daniel wrote:What? Bows are the hot new thing. Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider are heavily featuring them. I feel like there's one more I can't remember too.

That said, a bow mitebcool

Might need a jungle/forest level to match, too...

That's right, what am I talking about. My apologies.

I can't say how easy it'd be to do so, but the way bows work in most games, Turok being the only one I've actually played and experienced, gun play is different than bow play. For example, with guns, if you're strafing right and your target is strafing to the left, you just have to make sure your crosshair is over them to hit them, bullets propelled by gun powder and all that jazz at insane speeds, so that makes sense. With a bow, in that same situation, the player would more than likely have to aim ahead of their target to get a hit because the velocity is much slower than that of a gun, so if that player was strafing to the right, you'd have to aim a little bit further to the right to get a hit. How that would work with diving I'm not sure unless you make accuracy and aiming with the bow while diving the exact same as you would standing with the bow, just make hitting the target a little harder cause you'd have to predict where your target is gonna be.
shitterofpants

Postby shitterofpants » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Plus, diving could be a great defense against the bow.
shitterofpants

Postby Kral » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:28 pm

Or, make that the Catch 22. The bow being a very powerful weapon, as well as light,though it comes with the price of not being able to dive or anything really stunt related. It would be cool to see a little something outside of the norm.

EDIT: Would also open new options for game modes/weapon restrictions where players were only able to spawn with melee weapons and bows.

I want the sky to cry itself dry.
Kral

Postby Daniel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:47 pm

You could still stunt, just not shoot it during the stunt. And have it give something like half as much meter per kill than a stuntkill.

I'm really warming up to the idea.
Daniel

Postby Vino » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:42 pm

We made a game where people stunt. We encourage people to stunt. It's one of the first hints shown to the player. You get gobs of style bar for stunting. But then we make a weapon where you can't really stunt with it? Doesn't seem like a good idea.

It's not an argument against the bow, it's an argument against that mechanic.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Daniel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Vino wrote:We made a game where people stunt. We encourage people to stunt.

Daniel wrote:You could still stunt, just not shoot it during the stunt.
Daniel

Postby Vino » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:42 am

We want to encourage people to stunt. Disallowing shooting during stunt is encouraging people not to stunt.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Next

Return to Double Action Development