Double Action Summer Kickstarter

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Re: Double Action Summer Kickstarter

Postby ThinRedPaste » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:38 am

I'd also like to get some footage with the updated player models, make us look just a touch further along.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

Postby Vino » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:25 am

You guys are killing me. I posted two weeks ago asking for exactly this kind of feedback, and you give it to me the day after I wanted to launch?
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby ThinRedPaste » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:39 am

You can't rush genius.

also, If the camera thing really can't be improved, might it be best to leave it out and just talk over game footage?
ThinRedPaste

Postby Vino » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Some of my goals are to be personal and authentic. I think people are more likely to back a Kickstarter if they like the person behind it. I was trying to show my face and personality a little bit. I wanted to get video from Dementei in there too but it didn't work out. (But it's not too late D!)

If I got a really nice video camera the resulting video would look good but I think it would actually hurt my ethos. If he can afford a $5000 camera then why is he asking us for $5000? Recording with a poor camera may not get us the best video quality but it also says something about our team - we managed to make a great game only with what shabby equipment we had lying around, thus we deserve your moneys. If we increase the video quality and presentation too much then the $18000 target starts to seem too low for our own quality standards, and people won't back a project they don't think will succeed.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Sin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:57 pm

I get what you're saying about the shabbyness and showing what we made with the very little that we have - but I'm not sure I agree with it.

On the flip side, it can be look at the quality of what we can produce with so what little we have, your support could help us make something even greater. :O

Just sharing some perspective, as I'm certain we all want this to get fully backed.

Again, sorry for not getting this to you earlier :((
--
Sin

aka [A]ssassiN. // aka brydz
Sin

Postby Dementei » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 am

I'll try to make a shot for the vid, I care too much about dab to not do it, but we'll see how it works still not sure wtf to say but I'll just say whatever I feel.

Edit, nvm I suck, help me find a spot to put me in and tell me what to say. I record in 720p btw, $25 webcam..
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Semertzides » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Vino wrote:If I got a really nice video camera the resulting video would look good but I think it would actually hurt my ethos. If he can afford a $5000 camera then why is he asking us for $5000? Recording with a poor camera may not get us the best video quality but it also says something about our team - we managed to make a great game only with what shabby equipment we had lying around, thus we deserve your moneys.

I'm sorry but that is not how the general public thinks. People don't back kickstarter projects out of pity or because they want to be helpful, they do it because they want whatever is advertised. Presenting the product in a high quality environment tells the backer that you are indeed capable of making nice things and being professional. Either way, no one is asking you to buy a Canon 5D Mark III to shoot the video. It's just obvious it was shot through an old camera/webcam and that chances are, most of your entourage has a better camera on their cellphone. Just ask someone to borrow their cellphone or whatever recent DSLR camera they own, you're bound to find someone rather quickly.
Semertzides

Postby Vino » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:37 am

I don't have an entourage. This year I'm living 200 miles north of where I was last year, and I only moved there the year before so I don't have many friends. Not any that I could ask to borrow something that cost a few hundred dollars, anyway.

Nobody seems to believe me when I tell them I don't have any friends, which I suppose is a good thing.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Antagonist » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:25 am

Before you do launch it, look at this. Just take the time and look at this:
http://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_ho ... ction.html

I think that your pitch could be so much better by just hardlining what this guy is saying.
[Stink.inc | Antagonist]
Antagonist

Postby Vino » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Well I guess I had to make a call. I want to incorporate you guys's suggestions but I ran out of time, I have a full school workload and I don't have time to reshoot the video. It could definitely be better but we're bootstrapping this game so we'll give it our best shot and if it doesn't work then we'll just keep doing what we've been doing.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vin ... ion-summer

Let the promotion begin.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby ThinRedPaste » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:47 am

Ok, so its live. we still need a better video.

I also recommend a second video that's nothing but gameplay; next playtest (we need to make this be ASAP - who can play tomorrow [saturday] night?), 3 or 4 people should record 5 minutes or so of play from their perspective, and someone should get a similar amount of spectator footage, and then we need someone to cut it together into a hype machine. I'll see if I can get Oreo on board, he did one of the TS trailers and he's progressed a lot in the video editing fu since then. If not, I can try and make something happen myself.

Everybody start thinking of music to set it to now.
ThinRedPaste

Postby Antagonist » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:45 am

Just get some action shots and put on some Juno Reactor dubstep remix that would appeal to both the old Matrix fans and all the teens that are going to want to play it (holy hell, I just realized that I was a teenager when I first started playing TS eleven years ago, which means y'all and this community is my fucking life).
[Stink.inc | Antagonist]
Antagonist

Postby Dementei » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:18 am

Sounds like good idea to gather recorded footage from different people, I wouldn't mind working on that, but there may be more qualified sony vegas'ers than I. All of us would need to record in 1280x720, at least 2x AA and high everything else, and msi afterburner with like 80% quality mjpg compression set to 60fps. Even just one other person to record would be good enough.

Also, appropriate 'photoshoppin'?

Dementei
BIG D

Postby Vino » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:44 am

Made a Reddit thread.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/ ... ts_double/

Don't do anything dumb like make an account just to upvote it or anything like that. They dislike soliciting upvotes.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby ThinRedPaste » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:33 pm

I recorded some gameplay last night, trying to put together a gameplay trailer. It needs music. What should I use? I almost want to use Big Gun by AC/DC (from Last Action Hero) but I know its a bad idea.
ThinRedPaste

PreviousNext

Return to Double Action Development