Music

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Music

Postby ThinRedPaste » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:26 am

A while back, at MAGFest, I became friends with Careless, frontman for the band Random Encounter. I told him about our game and he suggested that maybe he could do music for us. I was talking to him yesterday and he mentioned that again, and I was like "We don't even really know what kind of music we want, or how we're going to use it."

What kind of music do we want, and how are we going to use it?

btw this is some of Random Encounter's music. I picked these 5 because they're such different styles. The first two are video game covers, the rest are original:

Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

Re: Music

Postby Vino » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Ever since we switched from the 80's thing I've had the Matrix and Face/Off soundtracks in my head. So, big beat, 90's alternative, and classical. It's not very creative, but hey, it's what the game needs.

I'm also open to any other creative ideas they have if they want to experiment.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Semertzides » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:30 pm

If they do record something for DAB, ask them to actually be on time this time around. I like their sound and structure but it shows that they are often trying to pull off riffs and licks they simply aren't skilled enough to pull off flawlessly.

I'd suggest something more around the lines of this ;

But if you want to go for the whole early 2000's vibe ;

(Yes i know this is recent)
Semertzides

Postby ThePhysicist » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Have you guys considered some original soundtrack? As in making your own music. You can probably get some music producers to brainstorm and come up with some badass music for the game.
ThePhysicist

Postby Dean » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:45 pm

ThePhysicist wrote:Have you guys considered some original soundtrack? As in making your own music. You can probably get some music producers to brainstorm and come up with some badass music for the game.

I'm pretty sure that's the point of this thread.
Dean

Postby Semertzides » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Ive proposed to record some stuff a few times, but never got any straight answer
Semertzides

Postby Antagonist » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:19 am

Please do! D:

OH PLESS
[Stink.inc | Antagonist]
Antagonist

Postby Vino » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Yo you don't have to get permission to record stuff. Do something simple, share it and see if people like it. If we do, do a little more, and so on. If you put the effort into making it, I'll put it in the game and we'll try it out.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Semertzides » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Well what use will this music have? Menu? Gameplay? Trailers? There are a few things i oughta know
Semertzides

Postby Vino » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:25 pm

1. Load up the game
2. Think, "There could be new/better music at this point in the game"
3. Suggest that to the forums
4. Make an example

You could make menu music, gameplay music, trailer music, it's your choice mang. If you make it, I'll put it in the game and try it out. Whatever inspires you.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby KirbyAyume » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:41 am

KAP BAMBINO
because fast paced game needs fast paced music

and of course

KirbyAyume

Postby ThinRedPaste » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:17 pm

I like that a lot more than i expected to, but i'm not sure if it fits the game. some of the tracks had a kind of chiptune element that i think we should stay away from, the vocals are awful and obscured under distortion, and they all seem to start with really abrasive noise.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

Postby KirbyAyume » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:36 pm

ThinRedPaste wrote:I like that a lot more than i expected to, but i'm not sure if it fits the game. some of the tracks had a kind of chiptune element that i think we should stay away from, the vocals are awful and obscured under distortion, and they all seem to start with really abrasive noise.

thats their style, but main reason I have posted them is speed of their music because slow music just does not fit this game. I am almost sure that with its speed its very close to quake 3 arena, soundtrack in that game was made by Sonic Mayhem and it fits perfectly.

KirbyAyume

Postby Science The Bear » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:18 am

Hey Everyone,
I'm Science The Bear or Justin for short, recently joined and am loving the concept and the way the game is going so far.

Just to let you know that, I will be working on creating some music for this game.
I'm really looking forward to creating some music that will really fit this game. I definitely get the 90's 00's electro vibe so I will attempt to make some tracks that will fit those genres.

Here's a piece I made recently, note this took 3 nights worth of work, so putting in more effort will come out hopefully with some awesome pieces of music.
*Edit, Heres the link I forgot first time :P https://soundcloud.com/hypeishype/welcome-to-my-mind

Looking forward to playing with you guys, and hearing back with any suggestions or ideas you guys may have.

Science The Bear.
Last edited by Science The Bear on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Science The Bear

Next

Return to Double Action Development