I'd like to contribute.

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

I'd like to contribute.

Postby Raminul » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:40 pm

I'd like to contribute by modeling weapons /props and perhaps even doing some animations if you're willing to accept my offer.

Here are a few models I've made http://www.moddb.com/members/raminul/images

I've also done a few animations in the past, so I do know how to animate, and rig in 3ds Max.

Here's an animation clip I did a good while ago, I've improved quite a bit since then. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F_HR66y7Ik (Turn down your volume)

I go by the name of Raminul and Xepheriel.

Add me on steam if you wish, my Steam nick is Raminul. I have two accounts, so add both if you're unsure.

Re: I'd like to contribute.

Postby misanq » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:18 am

Huh, I would have expected a reply by now. Either way, I like your work, very nice animation.

To my knowledge, the MP5k, Mac10, grenade and a 9mm pistol (the p99, berretta 92 and usp were all pretty popular nominees from memory) don't have a modeller yet, so if you want to shotgun one of those, let vino know. As far as animation goes, all the animations and skeleton were unfortunately made in XSI, so you might have to work with smd files if you want to help out animating using 3ds Max.
Also, if you're interested in character modelling as well as weapon modelling, that'd be a pretty big help too and I'm sure that people will have plenty of suggestions for that. :)

Postby ThinRedPaste » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:13 pm

I normally leave it for vino to reply to these, but basically everything misan said. I might have a mac10 model lined up, waiting on a reply from the pro fin himself, millenia.

If you can pick up on the player animation front, that'd be awesome too, cause I am a) bad at it and b) kind of burned out on it, hence me doing all this other stuff instead. I do want to finish the akimbo dives myself though, just because I already have a certain way I want them to look.

What we really desperately need, though, is hands. until we get hands we can't really get v models.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.

Postby Vino » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:45 pm

Hey sorry it took so long to reply, I've had a busy couple of days. Thanks for volunteering. TRP and Misan have covered most of the important stuff. MP5K, grenade, a 9mm pistol, and a hands model are all pretty high on the priorities list. If you want to do some player model animations, send me your email and I can send you the stuff that we have that I sent that other guy. It's not rigged for Max, but the other guy (Toby) who offered to do animations uses Max too, so if one of you guys wants to re-rig the skeleton for max then you can both do player animations.

We should put our Steam ID's in some thread so people can add us. Mine is here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vino
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
We'll see

Return to Double Action Development