Mapping for DA:B + Custom Textures [Tutorial]

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Re: Mapping for DA:B + Custom Textures [Tutorial]

Postby winner1324 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:52 pm

I finished! posted it in every day im mapping
winner1324

Postby Xylem » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:35 am

Hi everyone, it's been a while. Since my further experimentation of Source with my latest map, me considering it a bit of a failure, and personal projects getting in the way, I don't think I will be contributing to Double Action anytime soon or at all. Sorry for wasting any of your time, I was excited about Double Action, but the recent series of events have led me not to help out. Thanks for providing the VMF's and speaking with me, I'm glad the team was very supportive.
Xylem

Postby Vino » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 am

S'ok man, don't take your failures personally. It's the only way you'll ever learn :) Thanks, and I wish you luck.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby winner1324 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Maybe you guys can help me here. So hammer editor and the SDK crashed a week ago and now when ever i try to load the hl2 game config in hammer it gives me this error: Failed to load default scheme file. the map views may be missing some visual elements. I click ok and then nothing. Hammer closes itself. i have configured all of the things under tools in hammer and still nothing. Tried everything i could in the SDK, uninstalled and re-installed the sdk, tried re-installing hl2mp but still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
winner1324

Postby Dementei » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:27 am

winner1324 wrote:Maybe you guys can help me here. So hammer editor and the SDK crashed a week ago and now when ever i try to load the hl2 game config in hammer it gives me this error: Failed to load default scheme file. the map views may be missing some visual elements. I click ok and then nothing. Hammer closes itself. i have configured all of the things under tools in hammer and still nothing. Tried everything i could in the SDK, uninstalled and re-installed the sdk, tried re-installing hl2mp but still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try this bro: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Failed_to_load_the_default_scheme_file
Dementei
BIG D

Postby winner1324 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:16 am

Got that working but now grid units don't appear.
winner1324

Postby Dementei » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:31 pm

You could try the HL2EP2 config instead that's what I use mostly.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Vino » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:53 pm

I have a gameinfo-dev.txt file that I use that fixes that sort of thing sometimes. Delete the gameinfo.txt and rename gameinfo-dev.txt to gameinfo.txt and try again, that sometimes fixes some problems.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Previous

Return to Double Action Development