Voice Acting

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Re: Voice Acting

Postby Vino » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Maybe making him extremely sarcastic would give him some personality. "Calm cool and collected" is a bit tropey and boring I think.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Weedwacker » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:06 pm

MegapiemanPHD wrote:After looking up what Chav is

I'm sorry you had to see that
Lemonade was a popular drink, and it still is
Grunty wrote:honestly if i could suck my own dick i would

Weedwacker

Postby Grunty » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Grunty

Postby Wish » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:48 pm

I can write lines. Especially for Wish, oddly enough. Just give me the contexts.

And if whoever voices Frank doesn't sound at least a little like David Hayter or Hugh Jackman, you're doing it wrong. And if whoever voices Wish doesn't sound like me, that could probably be done better. Just saying.

Shoutouts to TRP for stepping in with the true facts. The more you know.
Last edited by Wish on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wish

Postby MegapiemanPHD » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Sorry for the delay but I didn't end up getting the time to record I thought I would get and when I did get time I only ended up getting one good take. Let me know what you think of it and if I'm on the right track or not:
frank_1_megapiemanphd.mp3 (512 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!nAF0WagJ!UnomyxScj ... MYa0rfZARk
MegapiemanPHD

Postby Daniel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:18 pm

REVEHLAYTUHS

Are you sure you aren't a limey?
Daniel

Postby MegapiemanPHD » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Daniel wrote:REVEHLAYTUHS

Are you sure you aren't a limey?

I don't know what you mean by that. I wanted to give Frank a little bit of an accent since his back-story is that he spent allot of time in Europe but I didn't want it to be a very prevalent accent.
MegapiemanPHD

Postby Wish » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Instead of sounding like a gloomy American, you've got him sounding like an excitable Australian. No bueno.

And none of that is stuff he'd ever say, even drunk out of his mind and on mad drugs. Out of character voice I can deal with, but saying stuff like that won't fly. Are we just doing taunts? Because that'd be a simple enough script to write.

To be a good Frank, you just have to sound like a gravelly-voiced, tired, irritated Eeyore. Yes. Eeyore. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbFz--GCkOM Around 1:30

Frank doesn't want to be here. He's not a talker. Shooting people is just a chore to him. He'd rather be drinking. He sounds 100% American. His backstory is well-documented. I know a little about it.

Authentic Frank lines:

"Stay out of my way."
"I don't have time for you."
"Why are you in such a hurry to die?"
"Get back in your cage."
"This is Club business."
"Do I look American to you?"
"I've seen better."
"Next time, aim."
"You don't belong here."
"Fuck off."
"Shut up."
"Sit down."
"I need a drink."
"Don't touch my bike."
Wish

Postby MegapiemanPHD » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Wish wrote:Instead of sounding like a gloomy American, you've got him sounding like an excitable Australian. No bueno.

And none of that is stuff he'd ever say, even drunk out of his mind and on mad drugs. Out of character voice I can deal with, but saying stuff like that won't fly. Are we just doing taunts? Because that'd be a simple enough script to write.

To be a good Frank, you just have to sound like a gravelly-voiced, tired, irritated Eeyore. Yes. Eeyore. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbFz--GCkOM Around 1:30

Frank doesn't want to be here. He's not a talker. Shooting people is just a chore to him. He'd rather be drinking. He sounds 100% American. His backstory is well-documented. I know a little about it.

Authentic Frank lines:

"Stay out of my way."
"I don't have time for you."
"Why are you in such a hurry to die?"
"Get back in your cage."
"This is Club business."
"Do I look American to you?"
"I've seen better."
"Next time, aim."
"You don't belong here."
"Fuck off."
"Shut up."
"Sit down."
"I need a drink."
"Don't touch my bike."

That's the kind of info I've been looking for. Alright so I was going in the wrong direction. I was treating him as a cocky aggressive guy but I see that his character is very different from that. Any more information like this you can give would be great, I should have some more time to record soon so I'll take another crack at it.
MegapiemanPHD

Postby ThinRedPaste » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:59 pm

If we want to go with hilariously bad/cheesy, we could use my attempt:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1i3d9km2b0vp2m5

I did a couple takes of a few lines, and skipped a few I didn't like or couldn't get a take I could tolerate.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

Postby Daniel » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:38 am

Almost sounds like a young, lazy Duke Nukem.
Daniel

Postby Antagonist » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:35 am

I think we could use

MR CROW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oai4khp7h9w

I mean, seriously you guys, I think it'd freak them the fuck out.
[Stink.inc | Antagonist]
Antagonist

Postby Semertzides » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:24 pm

ThinRedPaste wrote:If we want to go with hilariously bad/cheesy, we could use my attempt:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1i3d9km2b0vp2m5

I did a couple takes of a few lines, and skipped a few I didn't like or couldn't get a take I could tolerate.

Down-pitched it in curiosity, gave pretty good results
Semertzides

Postby MegapiemanPHD » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Alright, here is take two. Sound quality isn't that great but since its just a test to try to find the right voice it don't matter. If it ends up being the right voice I can rerecord it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/816 ... manphd.mp3

please leave any and all feedback. For this take I took Wish's advice on sounding tired and gravelly. I'm a bit afraid it may be too gravelly but let me know what you think.
MegapiemanPHD

Postby Wish » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:10 pm

It's a step in the right direction. Yes, a little too gravelly, and some of them need to be more apathetic. He needs to sound like he's talking to people that he doesn't consider worthy of his attention. Nothing intimidates him. This is the kind of stuff he does (Frank is the Prospect):

“You don’t want to give that order,” the Prospect said flatly.
She took a step closer, keeping the gun ready. The bodyguard hovered. “You don’t tell me that. I do what I want. What are you going to do about it?”
He punched her in the throat. The gorilla tried to do something, but the Prospect delivered a crushing blow with his elbow, then managed to get his arm around the man’s neck. There was a horrible crack, and the three-hundred pound man thudded to the floor.
Abila was on her knees, clutching at her throat and making horrible croaking noises. The Prospect turned back and knelt down so she wouldn’t have to look up to meet his gaze. She stared at him wide-eyed, still making those awful noises. He didn’t say anything. He just returned her stare. She fell over backward, moving more feebly every second. She put a hand out for the fallen gun, but the Prospect nudged it out of reach.
It took well over a minute for her to go completely still. The Prospect didn’t break eye contact until she was gone.
He got to his feet and went to the fallen man. He patted him down, but didn’t find what he was looking for. He returned to Abila’s corpse and checked her in a businesslike fashion, coming up with a key for his cuffs. He was moving a little faster now. With the cuffs dangling from his left hand, he picked up the revolver and left the room.
Sides wasn’t surprised that he hadn't bothered to free them before leaving. He’d seen it coming.
There was a crash next door as the Prospect kicked in the door, and two thunderous shots, one of which punched through the wall nearby and showered them with dust. Two bodies hit the floor, and there were some muffled sounds.

^and if you don't own the book that's from, you're not cool. Just saying.
Wish

Previous

Return to Double Action Development