BUG REPORTS - POST THEM HERE

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Re: BUG REPORTS - POST THEM HERE

Postby nocturne saint » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:30 am

detailed video showcasing the a 180 degree turning stunt bug, now maybe vino can figure if its a game engine issue or a bug that can be fixed by himself

nocturne saint

Postby zigvt85 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:00 am

Hey guys I got the server to work I thought when I downloaded the sdk2013 server it was included but I forgot to install the DA server files lol and i fixed the shortcut no crashes so far.
zigvt85

Postby Scout » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:34 am

nocturne saint, that video is super helpful to illustrate the bug you found. I wish more people reporting bugs would take the time to do so.
Scout

Postby zigvt85 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:10 am

Server notices in console when hosting a server?
Code: Select all
DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (355.726471) in SendPropFloat 'm_angEyeAngles[0]', clamping.
E
ERROR: Attempting to give unknown ammo type ()

Any idea why this happens it seems people can still play the server stays online but those errors popup?
zigvt85

Postby Dementei » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:12 am

zigvt85 wrote:Server notices in console when hosting a server?
Code: Select all
DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (355.726471) in SendPropFloat 'm_angEyeAngles[0]', clamping.
E
ERROR: Attempting to give unknown ammo type ()

Any idea why this happens it seems people can still play the server stays online but those errors popup?

Pretty sure those are harmless errors you should be okay, server doesn't crash right?
Dementei
BIG D

Postby zigvt85 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:48 am

No the server does not crash I also get those errors in TF2 at times when I host. But the server still seems playable.
zigvt85

Postby acebrm10 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:40 pm

I cant even play, i've tried everything but once i get past the valve head it crashes and tells me to restart but it never works.
acebrm10

Postby Black_Stormy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:07 pm

There should not be a valve head. Once you have installed DAB, re-start steam and then launch "Double Action: Boogaloo" from your steam library. I think the desktop icon is broken.
Black_Stormy

Postby Trop » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:39 pm

Some bugs on the non-Steam version that have probably already been reported:

- Grenades sometimes can't be picked up off ground
- Powerup effects on other players sometimes don't appear
- Melee hit registration kind of iffy - often hear a sound on the client but no damage etc.
- Getting stuck in walls and ceilings quite often
- Grenade damage unpredictable - sometimes takes 1/4th HP exploding next to me other times kills me from 20ft
- Grenades damage players on other side of thick concrete - perhaps a trace system to ensure player is in LOS or within penetration range
- Bots randomly teleport up to about 8ft away - human players do not have this problem
- Bots can get stuck in certain areas on a lot of the maps
- Sliding into walls can cause you to get stuck in place for several seconds instead of immediately losing momentum
- Players often spawn directly in front of others - would be solved with simple LOS traces on spawn point selection
Trop

Postby Scout » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Trop, some of those have been posted before, yes, but some of them haven't. So, thanks for reproting!

I'm particularly intrigued by the not being able to pick up grenades. There is a maximum to how many grenades you can hold - I believe it's four for nitrophiliacs and three for the other classes. Could you already be full on 'nades?

The bots are really dumb (nav meshes aren't the best), which explains their getting stuck. Teleporting bots could be a lag issue, as could some of the other bugs you report.
Scout

Postby Trop » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Scout wrote:Trop, some of those have been posted before, yes, but some of them haven't. So, thanks for reproting!

I'm particularly intrigued by the not being able to pick up grenades. There is a maximum to how many grenades you can hold - I believe it's four for nitrophiliacs and three for the other classes. Could you already be full on 'nades?

The bots are really dumb (nav meshes aren't the best), which explains their getting stuck. Teleporting bots could be a lag issue, as could some of the other bugs you report.

No, it happens when I'm completely empty. Probably about 1/4th of all grenades I find can't be picked up even when mashing E.

And the bots teleporting isn't a lag issue from what I can tell. I had 30 ping and 0 loss/0 choke plus all of the human movement is flawless only the bots teleport. It's kind of rare but I still see it often enough.
Trop

Postby The_Silver » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:42 am

Trop wrote:Some bugs on the non-Steam version that have probably already been reported:

- Grenades sometimes can't be picked up off ground
- Powerup effects on other players sometimes don't appear
- Melee hit registration kind of iffy - often hear a sound on the client but no damage etc.
- Getting stuck in walls and ceilings quite often
- Grenade damage unpredictable - sometimes takes 1/4th HP exploding next to me other times kills me from 20ft
- Grenades damage players on other side of thick concrete - perhaps a trace system to ensure player is in LOS or within penetration range
- Bots randomly teleport up to about 8ft away - human players do not have this problem
- Bots can get stuck in certain areas on a lot of the maps
- Sliding into walls can cause you to get stuck in place for several seconds instead of immediately losing momentum
- Players often spawn directly in front of others - would be solved with simple LOS traces on spawn point selection

This could be thanks to the "feature" implemented to fix the grenade spam I guess, grenades causing different damage based on players amount... :?

EDIT: Sorry I overlooked that you specified that this report is about the NON steam version, so yes it's a bug. :(
Last edited by The_Silver on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
The_Silver

Postby Penguininnabox » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:42 am

But that was reported for the NON-Steam version, where that nerf is not yet implemented.
Scout wrote:How the hell did these arctic animals get so good with firearms?
Penguininnabox

Postby TheHappyTurtle » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:57 am

Steam beta build update 2 (I think)

Map leaks:
da_morgendorffer

da_highwire

da_brewery (I know this map is very much a WIP but still thought i'd mention them)

Other bugs:
- When spawning in one of the corners of the main room in da_brewery, you get stuck and can't move

- The animations when holding the shotgun and assault rifles in thirdperson have your hands clip through the weapon
- The thirdperson animation for jumping off walls has your character face the wrong way after flipping when you have dual pistols out
- The race locations on da_highwire are a bit silly, one being on the roof of the building at the bottom of the map

Not that many problems so far, most of the issues I've had so far have been balancing issues (which is all up for debate, so i'll post them in the ideas thread at some point)
But overall, really stable. Me and my buds have had a great time so far.
"No matter where you are... everyone is always connected"

TheHappyTurtle

Postby ZooL » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi, I've found few bugs on the Steam version.

- First, there's a big problem with cubemaps on da_sacred... Idk if it only happens to me:

- And on da_streets, there's an invisible ramp next to the stairs:

- Also, the footsteps aren't synchronized. I mean, the character does two steps in one second, but the sound is heard each second.

Anyway, everything else is just awesome! keep the good work! :wink:
ZooL

PreviousNext

Return to Double Action Development