BUG REPORTS - POST THEM HERE

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

BUG REPORTS - POST THEM HERE

Postby Vino » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:52 pm

This shall be the official bug reports thread, if you have a bug that doesn't belong in another thread please post it here instead of making a new thread so that we don't clutter up the forums.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Re: BUG REPORTS - POST THEM HERE

Postby Ott » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Wall flipping rapidly back and forth in a doorway-like area will get you stuck in the ceiling.
ImageImage
Ott

Postby shmopaloppa » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:40 pm

ants in my kitchen
shmopaloppa
T-rex > : (

Postby coldkill » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:55 pm

I found this "problem"... i don't know if it's a real bug. When falling after/during a diving you don't get fall damage
coldkill

Postby Ott » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:07 pm

because broken bones aren't cool
ImageImage
Ott

Postby LeftFoot » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:15 am

I only tested it in the rooftops map but if you jump against one of the doors (again only tested it on this one door) you get launched like 10-15 meters up in the air.

Here's the demo http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=083 ... 7947172243

I don't know if it mattered which direction the door was swinging and I also don't know if it mattered but I was pressing W (forward) at the time.
LeftFoot

Postby LeftFoot » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:43 am

Also don't know if it's a known bug but often times when a player is shooting at me, his model is pointing like 60° away from me to his right (from his point of view). I haven't confirmed if it's both Frank and Wish.
LeftFoot

Postby LeftFoot » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:46 am

Another one, I don't know if it was intended or not but the camera freeze for 2 sec(?) when you die is SO annoying because it really breaks the flow of suspension. I suggest maybe 1 sec camera view above your dead body with maybe the camera gradually panning out, then switch to camera lock onto the guy who killed you.
LeftFoot

Postby Penguininnabox1 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:20 pm

A few times while playing my score was resetting. It didn't change the game, I was still listed as the top player but my score was back down to 0.
Penguininnabox1

Postby LeftFoot » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Penguininnabox wrote:A few times while playing my score was resetting. It didn't change the game, I was still listed as the top player but my score was back down to 0.

Happened to me too.

Probably the biggest gamebreaking bug I've discovered so far is that sometimes when I'm stunting a lot I end up clipping into the ceiling and getting stuck there and the only way to get out is to either get killed or suicide. Don't know if it's a known bug or not.

edit: Oh right, I see Ott mentioned it above in the thread.
LeftFoot

Postby Black_Stormy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:58 pm

LeftFoot wrote:Also don't know if it's a known bug but often times when a player is shooting at me, his model is pointing like 60° away from me to his right (from his point of view). I haven't confirmed if it's both Frank and Wish.

Pretty sure this is the firing animation just needs to be recompiled. Looks to me like the facing right sequence has been compiled in as the facing forward sequence, so when it gets blended in during gameplay you get this bug. Would probably be fixed by correcting and recompiling the shared animations qc. Anyone able to do this?
Black_Stormy

Postby Vino » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:01 am

Black_Stormy wrote:Pretty sure this is the firing animation just needs to be recompiled. Looks to me like the facing right sequence has been compiled in as the facing forward sequence, so when it gets blended in during gameplay you get this bug. Would probably be fixed by correcting and recompiling the shared animations qc. Anyone able to do this?

Just looked real quick through the animations with HLMV and i didn't see any were misaligned. Also I haven't been able to notice any time in a local server when this happens to my own player model or bots, that says to me that it's a networking issue.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby LeftFoot » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:45 am

Discovered something else, footstep sounds don't get panned in stereo so they are useless for "soundspotting" and determining where the other players are. It just stays centered so it feels like is is right on top of you except quieter than your footsteps.
LeftFoot

Postby jon » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:39 pm

wall jumping needs to be limited, you can wall jump infinitely, allowing you to get on top of roofs, or like the others said, stuck in between floors

also, if you dive into a wall, you can hold crouch and slide around in any direction, i assume this was left open for rolling but you can do it forwards and backwards
jon

Postby Ott » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:23 am

Wall jumps are limited to 3 before touching the ground again.
ImageImage
Ott

Next

Return to Double Action Development