BUG REPORTS - POST THEM HERE

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Re: BUG REPORTS - POST THEM HERE

Postby Vino » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:00 pm

These bug reports are all amazing and I'm very grateful.

Trop wrote: - Melee hit registration kind of iffy - often hear a sound on the client but no damage etc.

If you hear the brawl sound, you got a hit. It's not predicted on the client, it only plays if it was sent from the server because the server registered a hit. Sometimes the enemy player has more health than you expect because he got a skill activated or something.

Trop wrote: - Grenade damage unpredictable - sometimes takes 1/4th HP exploding next to me other times kills me from 20ft

I've noticed this too, but only when I'm not looking out for it. I can't decide if this is an actual bug or a confirmation bias. For example maybe I have more health than I think I do because of a skill activation and I stand next to a grenade - looks like I only got 1/4 of my health taken when really it was 5/4. Once I go and test the system it all seems to be working as designed.

Trop wrote: - Players often spawn directly in front of others - would be solved with simple LOS traces on spawn point selection

We already do that - in full servers it sometimes fails because the maps are on the small side. If you tell us what maps specifically you see it if the level designers can try to add more spawn points.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Ott » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:10 pm

I'm getting MAJOR fps issues. It stutters from 100+ to 20-. +showbudget doesn't do anything.

EDIT: Restarting my computer seems to have fixed it. Nevermind.

EDIT2: The issue is still there, albeit much less pronounced. Stuttering between 100+ and 60- now.
ImageImage
Ott

Postby Black_Stormy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:25 pm

I am going to remove brewery and highwire from the steam build and work on them afterwards. But for now,

ZooL wrote:- First, there's a big problem with cubemaps on da_sacred... Idk if it only happens to me:
- And on da_streets, there's an invisible ramp next to the stairs:

fixed

TheHappyTurtle wrote:Map leaks:

fixed

Thanks for the reports!
Black_Stormy

Postby kanon09 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:25 am

I don't know what this bug is exactly. Sometimes when I die or randomly during play. I have no idea (playing against bots).
The dialog message below pops up, game freezes, and when I click OK it closes the game.

Playing on Ubuntu 14.04, Steam Beta version, more system information below.

Bug message:
failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer: nVertexCount=8, nFirstVertex=5573

System information:
Processor Information:
Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Family: 0x6
CPU Model: 0x2a
CPU Stepping: 0x7
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 3100 Mhz
4 logical processors
2 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported

Network Information:
Network Speed:

Operating System Version:
Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (64 bit)
Kernel Name: Linux
Kernel Version: 3.13.7-031307-generic
X Server Vendor: The X.Org Foundation
X Server Release: 11501000
X Window Manager: Xfwm4
Steam Runtime Version: steam-runtime-release_2014-08-20

Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 525M/PCIe/SSE2

Driver Version: 4.4.0 NVIDIA 337.25
OpenGL Version: 4.4
Desktop Color Depth: 24 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 59 Hz
VendorID: 0x10de
DeviceID: 0xdf5
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 2
Primary Display Resolution: 1366 x 768
Desktop Resolution: 1366 x 768
Primary Display Size: 13.54" x 7.64" (15.51" diag)
34.4cm x 19.4cm (39.4cm diag)
Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
Primary VRAM: 1024 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x 16x

Sound card:
Audio device: IDT 92HD87B1/3

Memory:
RAM: 3858 Mb

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
LANG: en_AU.UTF-8
Microphone: Not set
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 76769 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 22500 Mb

Installed software:

Recent Failure Reports:
Wed Oct 15 11:28:33 2014 GMT: file ''/tmp/dumps/crash_20141015221952_1.dmp'', upload yes: ''CrashID=bp-2a26148a-0b32-4935-99fb-ace9c2141015''
kanon09

Postby Trop » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:46 am

If you hear the brawl sound, you got a hit. It's not predicted on the client, it only plays if it was sent from the server because the server registered a hit. Sometimes the enemy player has more health than you expect because he got a skill activated or something.

Yeah, probably. Something is still really odd with it though. Playing with less than 80 ping and it works flawlessly, any higher and you can be mashing melee button in someone's face but it never seems to hit them.

Not sure what could be done about that though, probably just lag.

Still talking about the non-Steam version by the way.. Haven't tried the beta yet.
Trop

Postby Scout » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:17 pm

Ott wrote:I'm getting MAJOR fps issues. It stutters from 100+ to 20-. +showbudget doesn't do anything.

Ott - are you playing with the pretty pixels on? You can toggle them in the console with da_ssao 0 and da_prettypixels 0 (you probably already knew that). Are you playing the beta now and had decent framerate before?

Also, leaving a link to the weird color overlay (UV map?) bug that I worked somebody around by getting them to turn off the pretty:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/2x_action/discussions/0/613938693297372670/
Scout

Postby Trop » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:37 am

Found a bug that still exists in the beta

If you pick up a grenade while your fists are out then you will switch to the "grenade" weapon and the next time you attack it'll throw a grenade instead of punch. This was messing me up pretty bad until I started realizing what was happening.

Also hopefully the Reflex perk has been nerfed in the beta version. Haven't had a chance to test it due to lack of players but it was really unbalanced in non-Steam version. Good players feed off noobs and then use super slow-mo any time someone poses an actual threat. It just lasts so long and is so plentiful it becomes extremely OP especially when combined with melee. Stop time, dive forward and punch them to death in half a second then run off and repeat.

As a side note.. I really hope grenade spam has been reduced. I'm really tired of seeing people with nearly 5000 style points who basically spam grenades at their feet, die, then repeat over and over. You kill one of them and 2 seconds later they are throwing grenades at you again.. 3 on spawn is just WAY too many. To make things worse I'm constantly getting killed from a floor below or through a wall from blindly thrown grenades without any chance to see them let alone avoid them.

Please add a server setting so I can just remove the damn things because it's probably going to take a few more updates to get them balanced.

And another thing.. I mentioned before that people were spawning behind me and was told lack of map spawns seemed to be the problem.

After playing some more I've realized that people just end up spawning within 5-10 feet of you whether they are in direct LOS or not. Most of the time it's okay but it is annoying to get shot at or naded by the same guy you're still reloading your gun from killing 2 seconds before.

Perhaps a solution would be players not respawning at points that are too close to their killers.
Trop

Postby Black_Stormy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:50 am

I agree on the option to disable nades, but I think it should be a game vote. Some games nades aren't an issue, but if people are abusing them it would be nice to have the option. We have plans in the works to fix nades up but you're right, it may be a while till that system is in place - it won't be in the steam release. I haven't tested the nade nerf yet but if it's still an issue then a nadeban vote would be a good way to bridge the gap.
Black_Stormy

Postby Omniao » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:57 pm

Umm. I recently started up DA after playing it on Monday, and it tells me that SDK base multiplayer needs to be updated. I update the multiplayer, and it says when I try to launch DA "Could not load library client. Try restarting. If that doesn't work, verify the cache." So I restart, get this again, verify the cache, and then restart again, then I read the front page of the DA website, delete the libcef.dll, and it still doesn't work. Help please!
Is this caused by the update for SDK?
Omniao

Postby Scout » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:20 pm

Omniao wrote: Is this caused by the update for SDK?

I hope not. Are you using the Steam beta?

Also, it's easier to help you when we can read what you've typed :P
Scout

Postby Vino » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:43 am

Omniao, I PM'd you a beta key for the Steam version of Double Action. Try that out and let me know if it doesn't fix your problem :)
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Trop » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:58 am

Something is up with reflections in the Beta version of da_morgendorffer

Trop wrote: - Grenade damage unpredictable - sometimes takes 1/4th HP exploding next to me other times kills me from 20ft

Definitely a confirmed issue in the non-Beta version. Since I've been paying attention it happens all the time, a grenade will go off 2 feet away and do no damage at all even though I have 1/4th of my health left (and NOT stunting) but someone else will die even farther away.

The radius is also really odd, sometimes your own nades kill you from ridiculous distances as confirmed by the freeze-cam when you die.
Trop

Postby Vino » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:23 am

All that should be fixed in the steam version.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Omniao » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Bug was fixed when I tried the game. :)
Omniao

Postby Trop » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:51 pm

Having a problem with cvars not saving or loading from the configs.

They saved fine on the non-Steam version but now I have to run da_ssao 0 and da_pretty_pixels 0 every time I boot up the game.

None of the config files in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Double Action\dab\cfg appear to be loading either.
Last edited by Trop on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trop

PreviousNext

Return to Double Action Development