No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Re: BUG REPORTS - POST THEM HERE

Postby Daniel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:37 pm

jon wrote:wall jumping needs to be unlimited

ftfy
Daniel

Postby jon » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:58 am

Ott wrote:Wall jumps are limited to 3 before touching the ground again.

well, they still need to be tweaked clearly. you can wall jump pretty fucking high
jon

Postby jon » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:40 am

jon

Postby Vino » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:49 am

Got a fix for both of those coming up. Thanks for the gifs :)
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Doktor haus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Is ACT_VM_DRYFIRE meant for firing a weapon with 0 rounds in it or for the last round in a magazine? I can create a bunch of brass by rapidly clicking when empty and having that last round tied to a separate sequence would be nice. Also, a new animation event for the melee/brawl is needed instead of reusing draw. ACT_VM_MELEE or ACT_VM_SECONDARYATTACK maybe?
Doktor haus

Postby Vino » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Are you making V animations or something? Edit, I see you did a compile. Awesome.

ACT_VM_DRYFIRE is for firing when there's 0 rounds, it should just be a "click" with the slide back.

ACT_DA_VM_FIRELAST or something like that is firing the last bullet, and it should end with the slide back.

Currently we haven't finished brawl animations for most weapons, so if they're missing the game plays a draw instead. Once the animators are able to complete the brawl, it'll automatically switch over to that instead. I'm not sure what the activity name is, but I could look it up if you wanted.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Doktor haus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Vino wrote:Are you making V animations or something? Edit, I see you did a compile. Awesome.

ACT_VM_DRYFIRE is for firing when there's 0 rounds, it should just be a "click" with the slide back.

ACT_DA_VM_FIRELAST or something like that is firing the last bullet, and it should end with the slide back.

Currently we haven't finished brawl animations for most weapons, so if they're missing the game plays a draw instead. Once the animators are able to complete the brawl, it'll automatically switch over to that instead. I'm not sure what the activity name is, but I could look it up if you wanted.

Thanks. I would appreciate that and the name for dry idle as well.
Doktor haus

Postby Vino » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:16 pm

ACT_DA_VM_BRAWL
ACT_DA_VM_BRAWLHIT
ACT_DA_VM_FIRELAST

ACT_VM_DRAW_EMPTY
ACT_VM_IDLE_EMPTY

And I've just realized we're probably going to need these too:

ACT_DA_VM_BRAWL_EMPTY
ACT_DA_VM_BRAWLHIT_EMPTY

Now that I look at the code I realize that the latest released doesn't have any of these three hooked up yet. But if you build them with that stuff in there then the next version should support them. There may also be some additional animations later for when the left pistol in an akimbo set is empty, but I haven't even thought about it yet.

Sorry about all of the incomplete code, the game's unfinished after all.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Mr.Funky Bear » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:50 am

Hi I've noticed that the game client hangs itself after trying out different settings in the menu after the first loading screen(main menu).
When pressing ok/apply to activate a different setting it jumps out to windows and a message comes up that says something like the hl2.exe client has stoped working and windows is trying to fix the problem. I first noticed this when i tried to change to widescreen (16:9) and 1366 x 768 resolution

hl2_3943_crash_2013_7_18T7_42_45C0
hl2_3943_crash_2013_7_18T7_45_7C0
Last edited by Mr.Funky Bear on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Funky Bear

Postby Dementei » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:54 am

Hey thanks for mentioning that, I've come across that as well and now I just expect to it happen when I change video settings. No idea what would cause that, that's Vino's area, actually the only thing that would help is uploading your minidump files found in: Steam\steamapps\username\source sdk base 2007\ They will look like this - hl2_4104_crash_2013_7_15T22_6_11C0
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Mr.Funky Bear » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Where should I upload them, to the forum? And how do I do that if that's the case?
Last edited by Mr.Funky Bear on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Funky Bear

Postby Mr.Funky Bear » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:42 pm

I can't see any servers online when I look for them on "servers" while I'm out in windows. Nevertheless I can find two servers while I'm in the game client.
Mr.Funky Bear

Postby Dementei » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:44 pm

You can upload them on like www.rghost.net or www.sendspace.com then post link. The servers don't appear out of the game because they require a certain CVAR (sv_master_legacy_mode 0) for them to be even seen in the game, so I'm guessing they don't register outside of the game. Can't even check game info when a friend is in game either.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Vino » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Hopefully stuff like that will be fixed by the move to 2013.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

PreviousNext

Return to Double Action Development