Re: BUG REPORTS - POST THEM HERE

Postby Ott » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:19 am

ImageImage
Ott

Postby MrBS » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:54 am

Just some quick notes I made while playing for like 30 minutes:

Bugs:
-You can climb a ledge (hold space) on someone else, and if you do it at the same time, you go into space because you are both climbing each other simultaneously. (Hilarious)
-FN Fal renders with the stock butt facing you. Not sideways like the other ones.

Glitches(maybe?):
-The stunt to next stunt has almost zero delay.
-You can dive then back flip off a wall.
-I slid on a table with the extra stunt click, Dementei slid under a table, we arrived at the same point and he was stuck in me. I believe getting up out of the duck slide can glitch you into people if they are above you.

Suggestions:
-The extra slide from hitting stunt again needs more physics applied to it. A even slight decrease in speed will make it feel less weird. Also for duck sliding
-With athletics, you will just duck + stunt slide around 24/7. Needs some cool down or something.
-Playing at 1366x768 (I know, shitty laptop res.) the UI seems a bit big. Shrink the stop watch, big ass style slider and the bullets are huge. But I usually prefer a smaller HUD, so it might just be me.
-The third person crosshair and that second temporary crosshair when you're close to something is extremely weird. I feel like it's only for testing, so I'll just mention it.

I'll try and break it more and let you know.

EDIT: Oh and people are trying to play (multiple tried to join, but didn't get in), I believe they don't have the patch. It isn't clear for the noobs who just look for the latest win32, so I think a new installer is the only way for them to not forget those two little files. I'd probably just make the download button go directly to the file they need. Simplicity so no one can screw it up.
MrBS

Postby Vino » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:16 am

Thanks. Not sure what these mean, can you specify please?

MrBS wrote:-FN Fal renders with the stock butt facing you. Not sideways like the other ones.
-The extra slide from hitting stunt again needs more physics applied to it. A even slight decrease in speed will make it feel less weird. Also for duck sliding

Maybe screenshots or videos will help.

MrBS wrote:-The third person crosshair and that second temporary crosshair when you're close to something is extremely weird. I feel like it's only for testing, so I'll just mention it.

Can you quantify what you find weird?
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Black_Stormy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:19 am

MrBS wrote:-FN Fal renders with the stock butt facing you. Not sideways like the other ones.

The FNFAL weapon selection image is rendered wrong, yeah. Not sure how to fix this, is it an image or a dynamically loaded render, Vino? It's been like that forever.
As for the stunts, they are completely unrealistic and I think this is more down to personal preference. I like being able to dive at a wall, backflip off it and then dive again. It's more fun but I can understand that people think it's weird. iirc physics-affected stunting is on the list (ie: slide much less up ramps and much more down).

MrBS wrote:-The third person crosshair and that second temporary crosshair when you're close to something is extremely weird. I feel like it's only for testing, so I'll just mention it.

This is what I mentioned last night at the end, that secondary cross hair shows where the bullet is going to land (approximately I think) due to things getting in the way of the raycast. I think this could be exploited and seems like it is something that has been left over from testing. But quite frankly it's not a big enough issue to worry about.
Black_Stormy

Postby Vino » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Oh the fal right, I need to go back and do another pass on that menu.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby MrBS » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Black_Stormy wrote:

The FNFAL weapon selection image is rendered wrong, yeah. Not sure how to fix this, is it an image or a dynamically loaded render, Vino? It's been like that forever.
As for the stunts, they are completely unrealistic and I think this is more down to personal preference. I like being able to dive at a wall, backflip off it and then dive again. It's more fun but I can understand that people think it's weird. iirc physics-affected stunting is on the list (ie: slide much less up ramps and much more down).

This is what I mentioned last night at the end, that secondary cross hair shows where the bullet is going to land (approximately I think) due to things getting in the way of the raycast. I think this could be exploited and seems like it is something that has been left over from testing. But quite frankly it's not a big enough issue to worry about.

Stormy hit it right. I mean the stunting just needs a little bit of slow down. As for stunting off a wall and diving, I do think it is really weird and unrealistic, but now I feel, isn't that why I play video games? I think if you get the physics down on the stunting and maybe make the get up animation faster so it doesn't look like I'm sliding on my knees as I get up you will be golden.

I'll also try and work on documenting these better and flushing out an explanation. I can see how they don't make too much sense after reading them later on.
MrBS

Postby randomguy7 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:58 am

I think that a few times in the epsilon release, I got stuck in level geometry. The first time was near a certain first-floor trashcan in trainingday. The second time was when I went in a certain pool in a map, and I found that I couldn't leave that pool because I was rendered incapable of jumping OUT of said pool. So put simply: less getting stuck! Make a way to escape pools!

That being said, I think this release did a great job not only with the asthetic, but with the bots. The bots now don't circle around each other infinitely, and they act like a normal player would, but that being said they don't pose as much of a challenge. I found that I missed having configurable options in the start server menu besides the level selection, and the only way to increase the bots was to change the bot_quota setting, but it's still more of a "endlessly kill bots" than an actual match-emulator. I found that the new "random bag placement" and the "kill the best player/high threat" modes were very well implemented as it gave the player a chance to score in ways that less about killing for hours on end.

I also think the "try this stunt" thing gives players more of an incentive to use stunts to score, but I found that I oftentimes didn't realize it was telling me to do that stunt, and I thought it was merely a tutorial popup.

I look forward to the future releases!
"Billy Mays here! Are your tired of boogaling your loo twice? NOW YOU CAN, WITH DOUBLE-ACTION BOOGA-LOO! It boogas your loo twice as hard so you don't have to!"
randomguy7

Postby randomguy7 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:02 am

also, as is the case with every release, the single colt pistol WITH THE BOUNCER PERK is the most overpowered combination in the game and I find that there's only a certain amount you can nerf this as it's powerful by either design or design oversight. I have absolutely no incentive to ever try anything besides the single colt pistol and bouncer perks. It's just way too easy to kill masses upon masses of bots and human players with this combination no matter how you nerf it. I find that I'd like to have more options, more ways to kill masses upon masses of players and think that this shouldn't be the only play style that gets rewarded. It gets boring when this is the only way I can play.
"Billy Mays here! Are your tired of boogaling your loo twice? NOW YOU CAN, WITH DOUBLE-ACTION BOOGA-LOO! It boogas your loo twice as hard so you don't have to!"
randomguy7

Postby randomguy7 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:07 am

so sorry for the triple post, but this deserves attention.

When I'm using the 7.1 surround sound on my gamecom 780 headset, the sound gets seriously distorted and the sound turns almost mono, coming from the center of my head and not from around me. It's probably a source sdk 2013 bug, but it needs attention.
randomguy7

Postby twisted » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Noticed a bug: With the server variable da_globalslow set to a value lower than one, when you die there is a very annoying sound glitch until you respawn.

Thanks,

new to this mod. Was a big fan of TS, looking forward to seeing this mod grow. :)
twisted

Postby Vizzy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:11 pm

found this by accident:
was playing a game against bots
I went afk for a few mins and came back still alive
apparently if you don't get up from a dive they wont shoot at you at all
they try to melee sometimes but they miss because they don't duck/look down
Vizzy

Postby Ott » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:04 am

That can be fixed with the command bot_easy 0
ImageImage
Ott

Postby Vino » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:41 pm

No, bot_easy just makes bots do less damage to non-bots. The bots are indeed pretty stupid, they never look up or down or anywhere but forward. I'm not really terribly interested in changing this, since the bots are just cannon fodder to fill out servers. I'd love it if an intrepid AI programmer took up the mantle of making the bots smarter, but it's not on my to do list.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby ThinRedPaste » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:29 pm

I kind of like the bots being dumb. lets you feel like the main character when you fire up a server by yourself. A variable to make it so the bots only shoot at players would be cool though, make it you vs the world.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

Postby TheCorp303 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:04 am

Ive found myself getting stuck in ceilings sometimes when stunt jumping in low ceiling areas (some hallways in rooftops especially) , and ive been stuck sliding under an HL2 truck model before. Also Ive had firstperson reload animations playing sometimes randomly when I get engaged in slowmo by someone else. Fists in firstperson don't really show properly (I can see the fists model at times but the geometry is clipped by the camera.
TheCorp303

PreviousNext

Return to Double Action Development