BUG REPORTS - POST THEM HERE

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Re: BUG REPORTS - POST THEM HERE

Postby Dementei » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:10 am

Hey Corp thanks for the report, your best bet is to try the latest build whenever we release it which is fairly soon. What you see in the last build was a placeholder model which was a bullet casing, but now we have actual brawl animations thanks to Vino. As for getting stuck I guess that still happens although not as much anymore. Wallflip sure did bring about a lot of complications but I think it's worth having.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby TheCorp303 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Sounds good. I'm guessing a quick fix for getting stuck on certain props would be the old "put a 'player clip' brush around the prop" method in hammer.
TheCorp303

Postby Black_Stormy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:33 pm

Stuck bugs have been a pain in the ass for a while now, I think it's because of the movement system in DAB. You could try clipping them but Vino is squashing the bugs as he finds them, which is the ideal solution.
Black_Stormy

Postby Vino » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:33 pm

vino smash

hate stuck bug

grug.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Takub » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:46 pm

With the latest update I can only add two bots. Every bot I add after two gets dropped from the server before (!) they join.
Takub

Postby Ott » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Use bot_quota.
ImageImage
Ott

Postby Vino » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:35 pm

Or the voting feature.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby aryan826 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:32 pm

i cannot launch game anymore. it says can't find background materials/console/startup_loading.vtf
and another boxthing

any fix for this. i allredy reinstalled
aryan826

Postby Vino » Mon May 12, 2014 6:41 pm

I can't look into it right now since I'm still traveling, can you remind me after the 20th and I'll get to the bottom of it for you? Sorry, it's probably a valve update that broke it. I would maybe try deleting the dab directory directory before directory before you Directory before you reinstall?
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Vino » Mon May 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Fucking tablet can't fucking post fucking without fucking repeating fucking words fucking fuck.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby TE5LA » Thu May 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Okay, I'm not sure if you know yet but I'm running a high bandwidth dedicated leased server and I've noticed frequent crashing of the game server. There's a lot of error messages in the server console. For now, I've tried to make it so the server automatically restarts if it crashes, no easy task running a Sourcemod on Windows.

I'll start posting the output here and you can see if it helps you locate issues. I've already squelched a few like "motd.txt not found in folder cfg", stuff like that by just making a copy and putting it there. I found it a folder higher, not in the cfg folder. I've also noticed, as you can see in this output, a reference to "skilll.cfg" with three L's, not sure if that was intentional, but it's throwing an error. Playing the game, I also noticed times when I would grab the briefcase and a huge red ERROR sign would appear on my body making it really hard to see. I'm sure that isn't supposed to happen.

To make it clear, I have a server and it would be cool to have people playing on it. I've pitched the mod in my own dedicated Fistful of Frags server which is pretty busy (one week on GameTracker and I've moved from Rank 561st to 11th. My DAB server is currently 654th.

I would also like to add my own banner to the login screen below the server's title. I may can figure it out on my own but if you want to make it easy for me, I'd appreciate how and where I'd place the code.

Here's the server:

And here is some server console output:

Code: Select all
66.7 fps  0/20 on map da_doubletrouble
Console initialized.
Loaded 52 VPK file hashes from C:\srcds\sdk2013\hl2mp\hl2mp_pak.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 52 VPK file hashes from C:\srcds\sdk2013\hl2mp\hl2mp_pak.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 1222 VPK file hashes from C:\srcds\sdk2013\hl2\hl2_textures.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 574 VPK file hashes from C:\srcds\sdk2013\hl2\hl2_sound_vo_english.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 383 VPK file hashes from C:\srcds\sdk2013\hl2\hl2_sound_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 434 VPK file hashes from C:\srcds\sdk2013\hl2\hl2_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 5 VPK file hashes from C:\srcds\sdk2013\platform\platform_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
server.dll loaded for "Double Action: Boogaloo"
CSoundEmitterSystem::AddSoundsFromFile:  No such file scripts/weapons/ak47.txt
CSoundEmitterSystem::AddSoundsFromFile:  No such file scripts/weapons/mp5.txt
CSoundEmitterSystem::AddSoundsFromFile:  No such file scripts/weapons/silverballer.txt
maxplayers set to 20
Unknown command "r_decal_cullsize"
Unknown command "cl_new_impact_effects"
maxplayers set to 20
WARNING: Port 27005 was unavailable - bound to port 27007 instead
WARNING: Port 27020 was unavailable - bound to port 27022 instead
Network: IP 66.151.244.38, mode MP, dedicated Yes, ports 27014 SV / 27007 CL
Error loading cfg/trusted_keys_base.txt
'skill1.cfg' not present; not executing.
ConVarRef sk_suitcharger doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Executing dedicated server config file server.cfg
Using map cycle file 'cfg/mapcycle.txt'.
prop_dynamic_override 'models/props_lighting/airportlight01.mdl' has a base specified as 'metal_Small', but there is no matching entry in propdata.txt.
prop_physics_override 'models/props/cs_militia/vent01.mdl' has a base specified as 'Metal.break', but there is no matching entry in propdata.txt.
prop_dynamic_override 'models/props_lighting/airportlight01.mdl' has a base specified as 'metal_Small', but there is no matching entry in propdata.txt.
prop_physics_override 'models/props/cs_militia/vent01.mdl' has a base specified as 'Metal.break', but there is no matching entry in propdata.txt.
Set motd from file 'cfg/motd.txt'
Set motd_text from file 'cfg/motd_text.txt'
Initializing Steam libraries for secure Internet server
No account token specified; logging into anonymous game server account.  (Use sv_setsteamaccount to login to a persistent account.)
Connection to Steam servers successful.
   Public IP is 66.151.244.38.
Assigned anonymous gameserver Steam ID [A-1:3146460162(4327)].
VAC secure mode is activated.
Client "Wizard of Distortion" connected (72.64.43.117:27005).
CHANGE LEVEL: da_doubletrouble
CHANGE LEVEL: da_doubletrouble
---- Host_Changelevel ----
Error loading cfg/trusted_keys_base.txt
Error Index File for 'props_foliage/shrub_01a.mdl' checksum -1367837773 should be 1527488050
Error Index File for 'props_lab/walllight001a.mdl' checksum 1279845925 should be 1285899029
Warning in .VMT file ($phongfresnelranges): no ']' or '}' found in vector key "$phongfresnelranges".
Did you forget to surround the vector with "s?
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/hanging_vines_1.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/hanging_vines_3.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/hanging_vines_4.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/hanging_vines_4.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/hanging_vines_7.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/hanging_vines_2.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/hanging_vines_7.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/hanging_vines_2.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/ivy_01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/shrub_01a.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/shrub_01a.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass10.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass10.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass1.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass1.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass11.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass11.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass4.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass4.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass9.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/seeds1.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass9.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/seeds2.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass8.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass8.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass7.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass7.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass5.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass5.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass12.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass12.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass14.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/grass14.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/foliage/grass/seeds2.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_wall_01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_twist_01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_roof_01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_grip.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_roof_02.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_roof_03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_wall_01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_grip.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_wall_03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_wall_03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_roof_01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_roof_02.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_roof_03.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_twist.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_twist_01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_wall_02.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/stormy/da_doubletrouble/cable_twist.mdl)
'skill1.cfg' not present; not executing.
ConVarRef sk_suitcharger doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Executing dedicated server config file server.cfg
Warning in .VMT file ($phongfresnelranges): no ']' or '}' found in vector key "$phongfresnelranges".
Did you forget to surround the vector with "s?
Set motd from file 'cfg/motd.txt'
Set motd_text from file 'cfg/motd_text.txt'
Dropped Wizard of Distortion from server (Disconnect by user.)
Join the [xTc] Forums, TeamSpeak 3 server, and dedicated game servers: http://xtc.getmyip.com
TE5LA

Postby Vino » Thu May 22, 2014 8:36 pm

I think this is the same crash I've been tracking for a while. The current version frankly is old and Valve is pushing some changes (already has?) that will break compatibility, so I need to release a new version anyway. When I do I may lean on you to help me track down this crash. About the other problems, I'll see if I can address them.

By the way, your support is much appreciated. In the coming weeks I'm getting ready to do some big releases and start pushing this game hard, and having knowledgeable ded server ops like you will help a great deal. I hope the mod does you as well as you do us.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Ott » Thu May 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Yeah, it's great to have a high quality server with the mod so young (like, hasn't been released yet).
ImageImage
Ott

Postby TE5LA » Fri May 23, 2014 12:22 am

Ott wrote:Yeah, it's great to have a high quality server with the mod so young (like, hasn't been released yet).

Thanks, I like this game. I'm always pulling for the underdog.

Man, this Windows batch thing has been a pain, trying to resurrect the server should it crash in my absence, but I think I finally got it. First I had to turn off Windows Error Reporting, then I had to modify two entries in the system registry. That prevented the Windows popups reporting that scrds.exe had stopped working and waiting for someone to close it, but when the batch file that launches the server recognizes the crash, it would display "Terminate the batch Y/N?" and wait until I checked "no", and of course, that was NO good.

I finally found a free scripting program called AutoHotkey. Now I have a script that monitors the existence of the server's console and if it isn't there, it brings the batch file console to focus, enters an "N" followed by "Enter", and presto! The server restarts.

So I've got 32 slots on the server. It should handle it. The main bottleneck might be CPU if it gets full. If so, I'll shut down another server like TF2 or Bf2142 to conserve for this server.
Join the [xTc] Forums, TeamSpeak 3 server, and dedicated game servers: http://xtc.getmyip.com
TE5LA

Postby Vino » Fri May 23, 2014 8:20 am

I would rather you run one or two 16 slot servers if you could please. The game was designed for no more than 16 people in a server at a time and doesn't play well with 32. I thought i disabled 32 in the code.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

PreviousNext

Return to Double Action Development