That means we have a little bit more time to work on the game before we have to really lock it down and release. I get home from Spain May 20, and then the real push will begin. So that's 2.5 months from now. The only real unfinished piece of art is the MP5k, which Raminul has committed to finishing, and I have a laundry list of bugfix and balancetweak coding tasks I want to do, but I figure if we have a bit more time, we may as well use it. So I'm going out of bugfixing-only-mode and I'm willing to add a few more features to the game before release. As such, I want the community opinions on what are the most important things to make sure get into Boogaloo.
Here's how we're going to do it.
1. In this thread, post what you think should get into Boogaloo. Post it in this format:
NOMINATION: Implement Black_Stormy's obituaries
2. We will count up the nominations in this thread. Maybe then I'll make a thread to vote on stuff, maybe not. Really my goal is to get a definite idea of what's sticking out the most, which may be obvious without a voting thread.
Nominations should be:
1. Code-related, ideally
2. Possible to get done in the amount of time we have.
3. Specific. For example, "Rework slow motion" is vague. Better: "Increase bullet speed for the person who activated slowmo."
4. Not bug fixes, unless you think it's a really important bug fix. I've already fixed all the bugs I'm interested in fixing (except those listed below.)
Please remember that there are a great many things that I would like to add to DA and that would improve the game and that are even objectively good, but we can always hold stuff to next major release. Just because it's a good feature doesn't mean we need it now. Try to prioritize things not on how fun they sound, but on how incomplete Boogaloo would be without it.
Here's a list of things I'm already planning to work on, you don't have to nominate anything appearing here:
* Add character preview button backgrounds
* Fix missing gun shot sounds from other players
* Fix V animations not repeating if played again before the end of the animation
* Don't start miniobjectives with no players
* Fix remaining stuck bugs
* Add some feedback when the player touches a waypoint, by way of sounds and a message
* Give some weapons a style/damage tradeoff, +20% style but less damage, etc.
* Redo the style bar notifications: Make them not a texture but a rendered font. Make them say "+20 " and get rid of the bronze and silver stars.
* Increase damage indicator visibility
* Add the gold glow for v_brawl
* Fix vote kick which I think is not vote kicking
* Fix the bug where some people get way too many style points sometimes
* Fix broken error briefcase
* Fix too much dust in slowmo
* Give the person who activates slowmo much faster bullets (I agree that it would do better to have a complete redesign of this submechanic, like Ott's idea, but that's more design work than we have time to playtest for this release)
* Increase the style bar activation cost a little bit.