Hands texture location

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Hands texture location

Postby TheHappyTurtle » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:26 pm

I'm planning on attempting to make a new texture for the deisel v_model hands but i can't seem to find the location of the original texture file. Help would be appreciated <3
"No matter where you are... everyone is always connected"

TheHappyTurtle

Re: Hands texture location

Postby Black_Stormy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:41 pm

I am pretty sure we only have the one hand model atm, textures in materials/models/v_models/hands

If you're looking for a texture path and you know the model, open it up in HLMV and switch to the 'Model' tab. It lists all the textures and their paths.

Black_Stormy

Postby TheHappyTurtle » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Sadly i'm unable to use the hlmv because the steampipe updates broke it for me :(

EDIT: Fixed that, anyone else who shares this problem can fix it by going to a source game's independent version by going to to common/gametitle/gametitle/bin/hlvm

But now I've ran into another problem. When i load the file (in model mode or weapon mode) it doesn't display any of the textures:
http://puu.sh/anXXX/8e639bb68b.png

I'm using the Counter Strike: Source version of hlmv since the Source SDK doesn't want to work, but i'd assume both would be similar since CS:S uses a similar version of Source to DA (Assuming CS:S Uses the 2013 Ver)

TheHappyTurtle

Postby Black_Stormy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Try using the HLMV located in Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\bin
Black_Stormy

Postby Dementei » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Copy and paste into a BAT file:

Code: Select all
@echo off
for /f "tokens=2*" %%a in ('reg query HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam /v SteamPath') do set "steaminstall=%%b"
set VPROJECT="%steaminstall%\steamapps\sourcemods\dab"
"%steaminstall%\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\bin\hlmv.exe" -vproject "%steaminstall%\steamapps\sourcemods\dab"

Should run HLMV then.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby TheHappyTurtle » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Dementei wrote:Copy and paste into a BAT file:

Code: Select all
@echo off
for /f "tokens=2*" %%a in ('reg query HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam /v SteamPath') do set "steaminstall=%%b"
set VPROJECT="%steaminstall%\steamapps\sourcemods\dab"
"%steaminstall%\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\bin\hlmv.exe" -vproject "%steaminstall%\steamapps\sourcemods\dab"

Should run HLMV then.

Thanks, this fixed the texture issues; You're a legend!
Black_Stormy wrote:Try using the HLMV located in Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\bin

Thanks bro, this works too :D
I'll see what I can do with the hand textures. Hopefully i'll be able to make 'em into something good, I'll let you guys know somewhere if I do :)

TheHappyTurtle

Postby Vino » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:47 am

As of sdk 2013 you should no longer use the sdk launcher to get at your tools. We use batch files like that one to manage stuff, you can find more of them on our sync at http://sync.doubleactiongame.com
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby TheHappyTurtle » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:45 pm

Vino wrote:As of sdk 2013 you should no longer use the sdk launcher to get at your tools. We use batch files like that one to manage stuff, you can find more of them on our sync at http://sync.doubleactiongame.com

Thanks for that Vino, that's really helpful! :D

Also, as an update on the hands I had trouble using high-quality textures because it's a shared template with the player model and high-res textures don't scale well but I managed to make some Oil-paint styled gloves to prevent it looking pixelated and blurry. Also, for some reason the FAL uses the Blue Deisel's arms instead of the default Deisel but it isn't too much of a problem, just thought i'd mention it :)

Progress so far: Image

It's not finished yet and i'm not expecting it to be used, but i'll upload it when it's finished for those who like the look of it.

TheHappyTurtle

Postby Black_Stormy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:35 pm

I can recompile the hands with a different texture path if you want. I could even re-unwrap it. If you want to do some more serious texturing I can send you all the source files too.
Black_Stormy

Postby TheHappyTurtle » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:43 pm

Black_Stormy wrote:I can recompile the hands with a different texture path if you want. I could even re-unwrap it. If you want to do some more serious texturing I can send you all the source files too.

That would be great! Just let me know when you're able to, it would make things a lot easier :D

TheHappyTurtle

Postby Dementei » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:35 pm

in the new update to come by the 31st, the FAL and every other weapon will have the right hands and new animations :)
Dementei
BIG D

Postby TheHappyTurtle » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:11 am

Dementei wrote:in the new update to come by the 31st, the FAL and every other weapon will have the right hands and new animations :)

Sounds great, can't wait :)

TheHappyTurtle

Postby Ott » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:07 pm

Dementei wrote:in the new update to come by the 31st, the FAL and every other weapon will have the right hands and new animations :)

How about right hands? As opposed to left ones.
ImageImage
Ott

Postby Dementei » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:36 pm

ott did u just make a joke
Dementei
BIG D

Return to Double Action Development