I'm going to comment on these as I read them
- That brawl idea is actually pretty good.
- The brawl and reload system has always seemed buggy to me. I couldn't tell if it was a problem with the animations or if I was really supposed to not reload. It's probably unrealistinc but I prefer having the reload complete even though you've tried to brawl. I brawl so often.
- I have my keyboard set up totally different just for DA. I use WEFD for movement, TAB for stunts and RMB is brawl. On my mouse I have a fourth mouse button which I use for slowmo. I got this layout from playing Lugaru back in the day (which rocks) and it's perfect for DA I think.
- We can put in a cvar for dive and slide distances and speed right Vino? Would help to find balances, or for custom servers.
- Yeah it's been a longtime problem with the colour correction. Just wait till you play the new streets, I think it's going to be too dark for a lot of people. Thanks for the feedback.
- I can't hit the inside of a barn with any of the weapons so I'll stay out of this one.
- haha, as above
- I think the akimbos are underrated. No one uses them because it's easier to hit with the shotty or the rifles. Anything we can do to make them more appealing is good I think.
ooo the visual department, this is me
- The HUD is going to change one more time (hopefully) before release, to unify it a bit more. Personally I prefer a health bar. I think we're making an old school game it's fine to have old school features. Plus there's a lot going on down there, you get extra health when you do good and we need a good way to communicate that to the player. Also I'm not sure how the overlay would really work in with colour correction, slow mo and style overlays etc. I have been thinking of making a new minimal HUD game mode though and it could work in there maybe.
- I always thought the blood level was good. Can we make gibs though? Is it possible to spawn models from the blood particle system? I could make some generic shiny gibs or something for more gore. And I can scale up some blood textures but I'm not sure lack of gore is a really common complaint right?
- Each of the character models is about 5000 polies, and that's the lowest one (mine). If we left all those bodies around it would get very laggy very quickly. I think servers usually have a setting for body rot time though. From an overhead perspective, we don't need this to be playable on wooden computers, but that's a surefire way to create problems on any system.
- I agree. The berreta is small.
You raise some good points