Slomo and Darkness?

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Slomo and Darkness?

Postby mr.hzrskis » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:45 am

Sorry for this stupud question, but why does my screen go dark when slomo/superslomo hits in? I can't see enemies or anything what is happening. Shooting isn't that fun when you can't see what you're shooting.:P Oh and another stupid question. How do you gather those "stylepoints"? For example I had most stunt kills, brawls, killing streaks etc etc and still I was like 1000 points behind the leader? I just don't get it. F*ck.
mr.hzrskis

Re: Slomo and Darkness?

Postby Penguininnabox » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:50 am

The "darkness" when you activate slomo is the filter that's put over the game when its on. And if I recall correctly, Vino is going to tone those down for the next version. However for right now, you can use the console command "da_postprocess_shaders 0" to turn them off if they really bother you like they do for me.

As for the problem with getting style points, THIS is why I hate the "skill bonuses" for certain guns. IIRC, its the Undertaker, Sentinel (akimbo or single), Akimbo Colts, and the Black Magic that all get a passive 2x multiplier to ANY style points earned. Been meaning to make a thread for this on its own, but I might as well say it now. I don't want to be SIX THOUSAND FUCKING POINTS above second place, that's not fun, there's no chance of a comeback, no worry that someone might catch up. Even if its only me that makes THAT big of a difference, I would like to also note, that 2nd place is almost always also using a 2x gun, and anyone who isnt is almost always below everyone who is. Presumably the point of these bonuses was to give players using the "weaker" guns a better chance, but here's the thing; THERE ARE NO "WEAKER GUNS". DA is wonderfully well balanced, and doesn't need the kind of crutch that this bonus. I would love to use the shotgun more, but no matter how many kills I get, I would need to DOUBLE whatever an Undertaker user is doing in order to even tie with him.
Scout wrote:How the hell did these arctic animals get so good with firearms?
Penguininnabox

Postby Scout » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:58 am

Also, though the shader looks the same on all maps, it does tend to look darker in darker maps and more poorly lit areas. We have people who are going over the maps to make those areas brighter, in addition to vino toning down the shader itself.

I remember people speaking against the idea of style bonuses for certain weapons but for some reason I didn't fully recognize how much of a (broken) advantage they are until reading your logic just now, penguin. Somebody having to stunt 2x as hard just to be on a level playing field is... not a level playing field.
Scout

Postby Vino » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:21 am

But what if they're stunting off a ledge?
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Dementei » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:45 pm

I already mentioned this to Vino about the 2x style weapon bonuses I thought we were removing those for upcoming release?
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Vino » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:24 am

Yes I think it's better to remove them for now.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby borowik » Wed May 13, 2015 4:48 pm

slomo is nice thing for me :P
borowik

Return to Double Action Development