I want to move these forums into the Steam forums

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

I want to move these forums into the Steam forums

Postby Vino » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:09 pm

In 2 days of Steam release the Steam Hub forums have become twice as popular as these forums. I would like to simplify my life and remove the task of administering these forums, while at the same time engaging a huge community on Steam. After all, this game will never exist outside of Steam. But you guys are the core community who has stuck with us through thick and thin so I wanted to check with you guys before I did anything drastic.

ADVANTAGES:
* All development updates, bug reports, ideas, suggestions, and information in general in one place.
* Automatic updates through Steam when someone posts in your thread.
* We can lock some forums so only people who own the game can post there. (Granted, that is anyone who has downloaded it...)
* It's prettier.

DISADVANTAGES:
* It is sort of a nut house right now and would require some work to get it under control.
* No sigs/avatars.
* More riff raff.

The old forum would get locked and we wouldn't post in it anymore, but it would still be available for perusing. If I hear a significant number of people vehemently against it then I'll abandon the idea, but I'm hoping you guys will be amicable to the idea as it would make my life a bit easier.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Re: I want to move these forums into the Steam forums

Postby Rai » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:17 pm

I agree on this.

Hell, it's integrated in Steam, people will automatically post on there. Therefor, the forum will be split up between two forums. That is chaos.
All about making it easier. And mainly against the splitting of the community.

Can we put a sticky on the steam forums mentioning we're the official provider?
Here everyone generally sees my sig and whatnot. So it is known. There not sadly :(
Rai

Postby Ott » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:15 pm

I'm fine with that.
ImageImage
Ott

Postby B4iken » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:15 pm

LET'S GOOOOOOO !!!

Joke aside, if you're going to use and abuse Steam forums, I don't see the point to keep this one.
B4iken

Postby Penguininnabox » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:40 pm

While I shall deeply miss my sig, the move is for the better. Item 1 on the agenda should be to split the fourm in to sub forums to help ease the thread mass that is there right now.

EDIT: Disregard the suggestion for subforums, that was already added while I wasnt looking.
Scout wrote:How the hell did these arctic animals get so good with firearms?
Penguininnabox

Postby Black_Stormy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:07 am

I'm up for this change, instead of struggling to make dead a forum live, we take a thriving forum and give it some fuel. Lots of good times have been had here though, it will be missed.
Black_Stormy

Postby Vino » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:54 pm

Alright, no major objections, thanks for being understanding, I'll see you all over there.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Return to Double Action Development