Achievement Icons

No sólo tacos y guitarras.

Re: Achievement Icons

Postby Dysprogue » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:25 pm

Thanks, glad you like them!

I've made one more

Sky punch

And yes, I'll redo "Dodge this" like you say :)
Dysprogue

Postby Retnu16 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:59 pm

I really like what you've come up with Dysprogue. Especially your Divepunch one.

I'm almost done with a Michael Bay one. I just need to find a good font for a "BOOM!!!" I'm going to add next to the explosion. Anyone have any recommendations?
Retnu16

Postby Dysprogue » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:13 pm

Thanks, that means a lot coming from you (judging by Disco Stu)

Well I used impact font for BAM! (on divepunch achievement) that could work. I've had a quick look and Lithos pro (black) looks about right though you may need to rasterize and edit it a bit to get it to read well. Also I'm glad someone else is doing the Michael bay one I think that would be pretty tricky to do. :)

Also, completed Dodge this, again 2 variants, I nicked the pistol from the game :)

Seeing as I had the weapons on my clipboard... Potshooter!
Last edited by Dysprogue on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dysprogue

Postby Retnu16 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:28 pm

How does it look?

Edit: Actually I might flip it over to have Boom be on the other side. Since your Divepunch one has a Bam on that side same side. What do you think?
Retnu16

Postby Dysprogue » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:17 pm

That looks great, the person reminds me of a crash test dummy for some reason... maybe I'm just weird.

I'm struggling with ideas for slow pro

EDIT: ha, looking at it in scale I really don't think 2 is very clear at all. It's supposed to be an anthropomorphic old man bullet.
Dysprogue

Postby Black_Stormy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Yes yes! Still quality stuff. That skypunch is PERFECT. Impact is a good choice for font, we use Franchise in the game - you can find an installable copy of the font in the Steamapps/common/Double Action/dab/resource folder. They're very similar and at a small resolution they are pretty much interchangeable.

Retnu I wasn't sure about the explosion in that one so I tried putting an explosives warning sign in the background, I think it came out quite nicely but it made the text unreadable so I had to remove it. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Dysprogue ninja posted me! That looks great! I'm editing the icons to match the grind achievements right now (ie, michael bay 250 times) and I'll upload them in a sec. Should be up within the hour. You guys have already done this whole batch of achievements and they're all aces. Excellent work!

I'll be adding more achievements gradually but if you guys are enjoying the ride feel free to check our longlist for achievements here and make whatever you feel like. (actually if you make the icon I'll be far more likely to add the achievement, and if you come up with your own post em up and I'll do them too!)

Also if you want to do some more open-ended photoshopping we really need posters and ads for the game environments, you may have seen this one in trainingday:
You can make them any shape, any size and any content, just keep it PG 13. At the moment we're mostly using movie posters off the net but like I said, any content is good.
Black_Stormy

Postby Retnu16 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:40 pm

Where would we post ads and poster to?
Retnu16

Postby Black_Stormy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Tell you what, I'll start a new thread.

EDIT: right here: http://forums.doubleactiongame.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=821&p=58023#p58023

EDIT: also if you want to check all the current achievements go to this link. You may notice that there are still some missing but I haven't implemented those achievements yet. If you want to do them they are:

Betrayed - Kill an enemy with their own weapon
Penguininabox - Get a 250 kill streak
Hardboiled - Honestly I don't know what this one's going to be. Ideas?
Black_Stormy

Postby Dementei » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Hey Dysprogue & Retnu nice job on the icons we really needed them and someone to do them, glad you guys came along, keep up the good work :wink:
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Dysprogue » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:21 pm

Thanks, I would be interested in doing posters and stuff. Other than keeping it PG 13 do you have any rules or guidelines for the posters?

Also:
Just an idea for Rocky Balboa achievement escalation with an extra version that is coherent with the color scheme
Dysprogue

Postby Penguininnabox » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Black_Stormy wrote:Hardboiled - Honestly I don't know what this one's going to be. Ideas?

Could be for killing someone in their own super slomo, or something else, idk, just feels like it should be slomo related in some way.

P.S. If the "Penguininabox" achievement is staying, then my actually name has 2 "n"s in the middle PenguiniNNabox. No worries though, happens all then time when people try to friend me. :lol:
Scout wrote:How the hell did these arctic animals get so good with firearms?
Penguininnabox

Postby Black_Stormy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:09 pm

I never even noticed that. Fixed ;)

Also I'll do a brief for the posters and put it in the poster thread.
Black_Stormy

Postby Dysprogue » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:23 pm

I have put a penguin in a box...
Dysprogue

Postby Black_Stormy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:45 pm

Haha I actually laughed out loud at that one. Nice. Added.
Black_Stormy

Postby Penguininnabox » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:12 pm

That might just become my new profile pic.
Scout wrote:How the hell did these arctic animals get so good with firearms?
Penguininnabox

PreviousNext

Return to Double Action Development