Playtest Feedback

Double the Action. Double the Fun. Double Mint Gum.

Re: Playtest Feedback

Postby Scout » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:39 pm

While allowing players to throw back grenades aimed at them sounds hilarious, I'm curious as to whether such as system would reduce the grenade spam or have no effect on how many are thrown in the first place.
Scout

Postby Dementei » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:57 pm

Longer timed fuses and pressing E to punt away nades would be best.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Trop » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:05 am

Dementei wrote:Longer timed fuses and pressing E to punt away nades would be best.

This + having it take up another weapon slot should make them a lot better

I'd like to see sticky nades with lower radius as an alternative to HE grenades
Trop

Postby Vino » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:52 am

I was planning on something more drastic.

You can't buy grenades from the menu anymore. Only Nitro gets grenades. Couple this with clearer indicators for picking up ground weapons should result in much lower spam but still access to grenades if the player sees one on the ground.

To answer penguins post about the utility of grenades in da, explosions are sylish and funny and blowing shit up is stylish and fun. That's all. I feel like all other things being equal it's better to have more explosions. That's why I was trying so hard to fix the grenades without reducing their number. But now I concede and I'll just reduce them.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Penguininnabox » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:59 am

Not to completly derail the discussion, but brawling may need a rebalance. Namely, the dive/slide punches. As it stands right now, I can shoot someone with a sentinal just 2 times and divepunch them to death, or the other way around, even without bouncer enabled. And when bouncer IS enabled, the shooting isnt even required! One hit kills the whole way to a 10 kill streak! Perhaps the damage for un-boosted could be brought down, and the boosted damage brought to how unboosted is now. Cause right now, no matter what I bring, I seem to be just trying to get in close for a brawl.
Scout wrote:How the hell did these arctic animals get so good with firearms?
Penguininnabox

Postby Rai » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:32 pm

Penguininnabox2 wrote:Not to completly derail the discussion, but brawling may need a rebalance. Namely, the dive/slide punches. As it stands right now, I can shoot someone with a sentinal just 2 times and divepunch them to death, or the other way around, even without bouncer enabled. And when bouncer IS enabled, the shooting isnt even required! One hit kills the whole way to a 10 kill streak! Perhaps the damage for un-boosted could be brought down, and the boosted damage brought to how unboosted is now. Cause right now, no matter what I bring, I seem to be just trying to get in close for a brawl.

Agreed, I think me and penguin have the same playstyle here. I always dive towards people in general. If my bullets won't kill them, my fists will.
Rai

Postby Black_Stormy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:06 pm

What about being able to shoot grenades in mid air? That would make super slowmo EPIC.

See a dude spamming nades, pop slowmo and go into a dive, shoot the grenade out of the air in front of his FACE and BOOM! Kills him. Acheivement.

I'm sure nades are just a physics prop anyway, is it already possible to shoot nades in midair?
Black_Stormy

Postby Dementei » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:24 pm

It's possible to shoot nades I'm sure, just needs a bigger hitbox and have it react to bullets and other explosions.

I'm still leaning toward longer fuses, press E to punt, and maybe more nade weight? One gun, one nade. Two guns, no nade.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Black_Stormy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Just tested it out, I can't shoot a grenade that I throw at the floor, hit slowmo and then blast away at. I think they are on their own collision layer.
Black_Stormy

Previous

Return to Let's Play DA