Good shit. Best version yet. Akimbos are ballin. My list:
* With some weapon configurations, pressing q goes to grenade instead of to the secondary weapon, even right after spawn. It should default to the secondary.
* Picking up a second of a pistol the player already has should have the player deploy akimbos.
* I don't like the auto buying the second pistol with the first. It should work like grenades does, press the button a second time to buy the second pistol.
* The shooting start point for akimbo bullets can be offset left and right a tad.
* Probably shouldn't show "Worth it!" if the player damages himself while falling to his death.
* Akimbos need balancing but TRP knows this.
* Can't reload if akimbo bullets are exactly half of full capacity, but I think Lithe already fixed this one
* Nitrophiliac should have akimbo grenades as its v model. Or shit, maybe just any time the player has > 1 nade it should do this. It would only fire one at a time though I think, it would just be a visual gag.
* Grenades need to be changed to bucket 1
* Rolling-out-of-stunt forgiveness time could be messed with a little bit
* Maps need to put clip brushes over stairs so that the game treats them as ramps, for better movement interaction
* If you slide or roll away from a nade it should be the same as if you dive away, damage reduction.
* The HUD should show how many grenades the player has at all times.
* If the player holds movement keys while diving but spins 180 degrees around it should still roll even though the movement keys are against the movement speed.
* If the third person camera gets too close it should make the player semitransparent
* Third person camera shouldn't treat fences and glass as walls for aiming purposes
* Sometimes weapons get super fire rates for some reason
* Resetting the mouse between buy screens gets super annoying
* If you brawl with akimbos you get stuck walking
* If a player is diving, his head is facing the enemy, but diving at your enemy is cool, so maybe don't have headshots do double damage in that situation
* Soundscapes aren't being reset between maps sometimes for some reason
* Akimbos need new reticles. Misan?
* We also need new style icons for the new style skills. Misan?
* Should allow the player to brawl pretty much immediately after shooting. Having to wait just kills brawling with the shotgun.
* Brawl damage should go up more. It's so hard to close range, it should end fights.
* Training day I think could make use of some signs above the passageways so it's easier to see where the player can duck into a passage
* Let's put "F5 for screenshot!" over the kill cam.
* If you get up from prone by pressing crouch it's a jesus pose
* It should hold onto slowmo for you for a moment even after the player who activated it has passed out of sight.
* Sometimes the slowmo sound remains even when there's no slowmo
* Slide-after-dive forgiveness needs to go
* If you brawl after reload, it should go back to reloading automatically, or maybe even just not interrupt reloading at all.
* The last nitrophiliac grenade has no chance to refill the bar. Maybe it should wait until the grenade goes off to deduct the style points, to see if the player hit someone and gets style points.
* The metal walkways in jah_streets make the player go crazy.
And lastly, the one we're going to debate about:
* The upper areas in megachat and streets that you can only get to by diving at a weird angle need to be closed off.
Since just about everybody I talked to disagrees with me on that point, I'll make my case first. I see this as sort of like superjump. It's fun for the players who are doing it, but for everyone else it's lame. The designer of the map intended certain areas to be accessible, and when players are walking around, they have a mental map of where it's possible that other players can be. So when the player starts getting shot at, they generally know where they can be shot from. If someone is back behind in the skybox, then they're shooting from an "impossible" location, and so the player feels cheated. Put yourself in the shoes of a player who's been playing DA for a month, then suddenly can't figure out why he's getting shot from an area he thought was off limits. If an area is accessible by players it should marked clearly as such.
Some people said we would reward exploration. Exploration is a fun gameplay mechanic, for Minecraft. Double Action isn't about exploration, it's about style. Doing a weird dive to get into the skybox isn't stylish, it's just an exploit. Getting shot from seemingly nowhere isn't stylish, it's just lame. I don't think we should be rewarding exploration at the expense of map flow and player expectations. That only pisses people off and pulls them outside the game. God mode is pretty fun if you're the guy with god mode, but it just makes everyone else ragequit. Superjump was the same way. This is the same thing on a smaller scale.
If we want people to be able to go up there then we need to either make it more clear that it's an accessible area or else block it off so you can't shoot into the map from those areas.