Playtest Feedback

Double the Action. Double the Fun. Double Mint Gum.

Re: Playtest Feedback

Postby Vino » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:40 am

My notes from tonight's playtest:

* "Dive punch!" can be a bottom left announcement where "Worth it!" is.
* Maybe make a text outline for the objective text so it can be read against white skies
* Maybe we can have "Double kill!" and triple kill and kill streaks in the style bar notifications
* Maybe style points for killing someone quickly just after spawning
* Maybe there should be fewer clicks before the auto reload
* Grenades aren't dropping to the floor when someone dies

And lastly, this was Black_Stormy's idea which I think is great:

I've had on my to-do list for a while to do something similar where it shows stunt kill icons instead, but I'm glad that got procrastinated on because I like this better, I think.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Black_Stormy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:08 am

I think the divepunch appearing on the left should be restricted to divepunchkills. I have divepunched a few times and it's only truly epic when it's the KO. I had something else I really wanted to say but I forgot. Special weapon pickups.
Black_Stormy

Postby METALoHEAD » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:04 pm

I don't know if anyone else has posted this or not, so I'm sorry if they have. I also understand that this has nothing to do with the playtest, and is a little late for the rest of the conversation. But I don't know where else I could have left a topic like this.

I strongly feel that "Double Action Boogaloo" should have some form of practice bots in it, rather than making it entirely online. I don't know if the Double Action team have considered this, and I apologize if they have, for sort of beating a dead horse about it. But, being mainly an offline player, I would really like to see an option to add bots, rather than manually adding them through the developer console. Unless it's impossible to do with a mod, in which case this whole comment is moot.
METALoHEAD

Postby Ott » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:46 pm

Don't worry, in the next update, every game will start out with 2 bots by default.
ImageImage
Ott

Postby ThinRedPaste » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:35 am

as for bot names, why not use all of the names mst3k called reb brown?

Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

Postby Dementei » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:11 am

Um yea let's add all those names lol that's awesome, it's your job to type out all the names though :P
Dementei
BIG D

Postby ThinRedPaste » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:09 pm

you know I would, but unfortunately I'm not on the team anymore.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed.
ThinRedPaste

Postby Ott » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:48 pm

What team?
A Note About Open Development wrote:There's no formal process for joining the team, just make stuff and send it to me.
ImageImage
Ott

Postby BullHorn » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:50 pm

* I joined a Blue vs. Red game and somehow was added to no team (orange nickname and no clothing) and I just fragged everyone
* the rooftops map has a wooden crate on the roof near the chopper. After it's destroyed, it's still blocking your path and acts like a wall
* I play with 100-150ms ping and can't hear where I'm being shot at from 95% of the time. Often I get shot/killed without hearing any gunfire at all
* Directional sounds aren't very good, it's impossible to tell where a person spawned or is shooting from
* The getting-hurt layer that appears when you get shot isn't very good at telling you where you're being shot from either
* There's a noise that lasts a long time very often, I think it might be the grenade explosion sound with combination with slow-mo or maybe one of the guns but it lasts like 5-7 seconds after an explosion and there's this constant low-pitch rumble

Other than that, I played for like an hour and it was AMAZINGU :D
[Stink.Inc | BullHorn]
BullHorn

Postby Ott » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Gun sounds are really buggy and sometimes don't play, which is really irritating because suddenly you're dead.
ImageImage
Ott

Postby Ott » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:13 pm

Perhaps you should lose say 100 style for dying? It would help in seperating the good players from the players that have been playing for a long time.

Oh, and lose less style for stylish deaths.
ImageImage
Ott

Postby Vino » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:07 pm

Define stylish death.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Ott » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:12 pm

e.g. If you're crouching in a sniper spot that's the least stylish, but if you're diving with explosions all around you that's stylish.
ImageImage
Ott

Postby TinyTachyon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:52 am

There's a few things that would be nice to have in Double Action: Boogaloo. If any devs read this, please consider adding them! That would make me a very happy chappy :D
* Changed-up animations for different circumstances (for example, reloading when diving makes your character throw his bullets in the air and then catch them with his gun)
* Hardcore parkour!
* The ability to see your own legs (and things like that)
* A better brawling system (so your arms actually have a physical presence)
Feel free to ignore some or all of this list.
TinyTachyon

Postby Dementei » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks for the feedback, could you clarify Hardcore Parkour?

The variety of animations would have to come a bit later we may do cooler things with them. We thought about having a camera in "third person" to act as the first person so you can see your body and such but we decided against it, would've been problematic. Not sure exactly what you mean by the physical brawling either.
Dementei
BIG D

PreviousNext

Return to Let's Play DA