DA, where you been?

Double the Action. Double the Fun. Double Mint Gum.

DA, where you been?

Postby ballistic » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Been lurking the forum and I see quite a few names that I remember, which is nice. It's weird to have so many memories floating back from years ago where my (and I'm sure this goes the same for many of you) life was much simpler, playing action games. I'm really confused as to why I'm just now discovering DA and all the work that's been done, especially considering my involvement in Source development was high at the time of this project's inception. I worked on that AHL-inspired mod Distraction for a great time, all the while wanting our mod to be more like TS than AHL. Oh well, can't be helped. I'm just glad to see that people have kept the action game spirit alive and I look forward to seeing what will be accomplished. Heck, I might even get to play it if I'm lucky :)
ballistic

Re: DA, where you been?

Postby Dementei » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:44 pm

Hai thanks for your nice msg, may I ask what you worked on in Distraction? We are still in need of talent :)
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Black_Stormy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:09 am

Thanks for stopping by! I guess there is quite a bit of nostalgia here for those who played a lot of TS. Hopefully the game lives up to the goggles (It never does, those things are THICK).
Black_Stormy

Postby ballistic » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:10 pm

I learned to model, animate and unwrap for distraction. My skills were very rudimentary but I had a lot of fun along the way. I really would love to help you guys out, but I'm afraid I've only got a 2007 MB to work with, and haven't played any PC game in years. If I get my hands on a PC I'll come groveling for sure
ballistic

Return to Let's Play DA