Some great features/details

Double the Action. Double the Fun. Double Mint Gum.

Some great features/details

Postby JohnWoo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:35 pm

I think there are lot of features/small details that are very unique and shows the love that the devs have put into the game.

For example players are encouraged to dive after another player if he falls of the roof, now how cool and unique is that.
I dont think any other games has something like that. You take a scene from the movie and turn it into a gameplay element, awesome.

And small things, like when you aim you get those small black bars to up and down to you view, for the movie-effect, that is also
very nice touch.

And the animation when you do the slide and turn backwards, so the players is shooting in his back, again never before seen in any game.
And looks awesome.
JohnWoo

Re: Some great features/details

Postby JohnWoo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:06 pm

Colors changing when entering slomo is a small nice detail also.
JohnWoo

Postby Dementei » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:59 pm

:wink:
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Black_Stormy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Thanks man! The roof jumping (previously dubbed superfalls) has been a big problem with us. It's so fun to do but players have been forcefully educated that jumping off a building in a competetive shooter is pure banditry. We've had to fight against that in order to make sure new players realise they can go for the kill and not be punished for it.

Have we succeeded?
Black_Stormy

Postby Ott » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:14 pm

I think a hud element would do the trick. Copy of "Wanted" text, but with "Superfall" on it.
ImageImage
Ott

Postby Black_Stormy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Well the server can now detect when a player is superfalling, so maybe a HUD arrow pointing at nearby superfallers would work?

Something like this:

Black_Stormy

Postby Dementei » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:15 am

Nice idea, sorta like l4d items how they follow it or csgo bomb
Dementei
BIG D

Postby JohnWoo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:54 am

That hud text could work very well.
JohnWoo

Postby Vino » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:15 pm

My guess is if either the guy up top is too far from the edge or the guy down below has fallen too much then the notification will arrive too late for the player up top to jump off and join the fall. You also have a training problem, a person with no concept of superfall won't know why the game is telling her to commit suicide by jumping off a building.

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, this line of thinking is great and should be continued over my objections.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Black_Stormy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Vino wrote:My guess is if either the guy up top is too far from the edge or the guy down below has fallen too much then the notification will arrive too late for the player up top to jump off and join the fall.

This is the main problem with superfalls once you know they exist. Opportunities for a good one are few and far between. Although reading into reward pathways and their use in drug psychology, having players chase the high of an epic superfall is only a good thing, and the disappointment that comes from missing out on one only serves to strengthen that desire.

In short you're right. If the player didn't see the other player jump off the roof, chances are they aren't going to get there in time to join in.

On a side note, what about a new scoring title for "most successful superfalls". The player that gets the most "WORTH IT!!"s from superfalls gets that moniker. This would show up with the "most stylish player", "most grenade kills" etc at the end of round screen.

That way if players don't know what a superfall is, at least they are prompted to find out. The problem is this would only be applicable on maps that have the infrastructure to superfall. ie rooftops.
Black_Stormy

Postby Ott » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:39 pm

That reminds me, you should elevate Streets so that it's sitting on top of a cliff and you can superfall into the ocean.
ImageImage
Ott

Postby Scout » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:34 pm

There was talk of a plan to do that - was it decided against or just not gotten to yet?
Scout

Postby Black_Stormy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:56 pm

I'm not a fan of the idea honestly. Who builds a skyscraper on a cliff? And the cliff itself would take a lot to make convincing. I don't think it is very suitable given the location of the map.
Black_Stormy

Postby clankill3r » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:41 am

You can fall dead on water too :)

And remember how crank 2 started?

clankill3r

Postby Vino » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:56 pm

I thought we already elevated streets by about a hundred feet.
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Next

Return to Let's Play DA