I wanna map for Double Action!

Post your creations here so we can playtest them!

Moderator: Scout

I wanna map for Double Action!

Postby Black_Stormy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:32 pm

You wanna what now? Awesome!

Double Action is a Sourcemod, on the source engine, using the Source Development Kit (SDK). If you have used Hammer and mapped before then GREAT! If not, strap on your sideholsters and prepare to enter the wonderful world of Source Modding, or as we'll call it: Dab Mapping. Dapping.

Hammer is the mapping software we use to make the maps of Double Action. You can find yours at steam/steamapps/common/Double Action/bin/hammer.exe

Using the program is quite an intense experience at first, and that is why there are heaps of hammer tutorials on youtube. Here's some that come recommended:

Hammer How To series - start here.
TophatWaffle - plenty of vids

We also have some theory guides about making maps that fit the DA playstyle, as well as some unique features mappers have access to.
You can get these here
as well as a bunch of other guidelines about various stuff here
All the source files for our current maps are here
and a large backlog of maps is availalable [url=sync.doubleactiongame.com/Maps]here[/url].

You can upload your completed, WIP, abandoned, whatever maps to our gamebanana page. It would be great to see some WIP threads on the forums here though.

So make some maps and let's play them!
Black_Stormy

Re: I wanna map for Double Action!

Postby Demolitions » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:25 am

I working on it ;P

My computer completely fried on me, so I lost a lot of progress on maps, and some maps all together, but it's not gonna stop me. I FINALLY got a new computer and have been wanting to get some stuff started for awhile now :P
Demolitions

Re: I wanna map for Double Action!

Postby teddy_b » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:53 am

Demolitions - good luck!
teddy_b

Return to Community Submissions