Vote to change three headshots to kill someone

What about werewolves?

Moderator: Scout

Vote to change three headshots to kill someone

Postby jon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:16 pm

Headshot damage, at point blank range, should be changed from the current 34% to 1%. Actually, it would probably make more sense if bullets made health regen. Now that I'm thinking about it, because of the game's current state, it would probably make sense to change the direction to a pvp-less trick jumping game. Does anyone keep in touch with mew??
jon

Re: Vote to change three headshots to kill someone

Postby Black_Stormy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Headshot damage has been coming up as a recurring subject. I think it would be best to have headshots do heaps of damage too, but I think the hitbox is too big for this type of game. It sucks to get hit in the head and die constantly, although with our total lack of respawn time I guess it doesn't suck so much. Vino, have you looked at headshots recently?
Black_Stormy

Postby Antagonist » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:56 pm

I don't think the small caliber guns should do much more headshot damage. Two-shot would be ideal for anything that isn't BIG. AAAH BIG! :o
[Stink.inc | Antagonist]
Antagonist

Postby clankill3r » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:44 pm

I think the larger the distance the more damage a headshot must do.
Also the rate of fire could be considered to deal with spraying rifles.
clankill3r

Postby Black_Stormy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:09 pm

I hardly ever get headshots. But I tend to go from full health to zero in only a few shots when certain crack shots are around. That said, I recently unloaded three shotgun blasts and got headshots on every one and the perp never bit the dust. I don't know what the deal was there.

I want the game to tell you how you died (for instance when you die you see a "Headshotted!" or "Divepunched!" on the killcam) and I think this would mitigate the annoyances people have with headshots a bit.
Black_Stormy

Postby Scout » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:57 am

Black_Stormy wrote:... I recently unloaded three shotgun blasts and got headshots on every one and the perp never bit the dust. I don't know what the deal was there...

For the shotgun, nine pellets are simulated. So, it's possible to get a headshot with only one pellet, or with just a few. The damage (and style points) are divided accordingly.
Scout

Postby Penguininnabox » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:40 am

Black_Stormy wrote:I want the game to tell you how you died (for instance when you die you see a "Headshotted!" or "Divepunched!" on the killcam) and I think this would mitigate the annoyances people have with headshots a bit.

I second this, it would be just great to have that kind of info rather than having to use some guesswork all the time.
Scout wrote:How the hell did these arctic animals get so good with firearms?
Penguininnabox

Return to Ideas and Suggestions