Why I want knives and axes in DA

What about werewolves?

Moderator: Scout

Why I want knives and axes in DA

Postby Demolitions » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:11 pm

So a couple of people have asked me to post my videos now, so this seems like the best place to put it.

[ignore intro, i couldnt think of anything better]

Demolitions

Re: Why I want knives and axes in DA

Postby Black_Stormy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:56 pm

Some of those shots were antsy as hell. An axe that ricochets three times of buildings and hits a foot kills someone? It's epic to get a shot like that though so I can see the gameplay value in allowing that to happen. As for throwing knives there's a whole lot of code involved to figure out trajectories, ricochets like that and how it would all work in with the slow mo/style skills etc.

I like the idea of having throwing knives, nothing's quite as cool as finishing your clip, spinning around and pegging a knife between some mooks eyes, but it would be hard to integrate and balance. I think this could be a cool feature to put on the extended wishlist.
Black_Stormy

Postby Demolitions » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:09 pm

I'd prefer it not to be a one hit kill really. The way TS had it was perfect.
Demolitions

Postby Dementei » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:02 pm

amazing and really entertaining videos, loved the transitions using the world, you outta make a dab video sometime. cod must have a way to demo smooth to be able to pull the camera tricks off eh?

anyway, ive always wanted throwing knives in dab, i actually wanted to see if we could place "weapons" around the map such as books or boots or whatever and you could pick them up into your hands and throw them and they would do like 50dmg. of course thats a lot more models to make and animations and of course code, perhaps we should just have a throwing weapon you can buy at start.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Demolitions » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Dementei wrote:amazing and really entertaining videos, loved the transitions using the world, you outta make a dab video sometime. cod must have a way to demo smooth to be able to pull the camera tricks off eh?

anyway, ive always wanted throwing knives in dab, i actually wanted to see if we could place "weapons" around the map such as books or boots or whatever and you could pick them up into your hands and throw them and they would do like 50dmg. of course thats a lot more models to make and animations and of course code, perhaps we should just have a throwing weapon you can buy at start.

The first video is BO2, which has a theater mode with dolly cameras. The 2nd vid was Ghosts which doesnt have theater mode, and of course no dolly cameras [all the camera work was done by hand free aim]
Demolitions

Postby clankill3r » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:39 am

I also really want knives. It's one of the things why i loved TS.
A desert eagle and 3 knifes (more knives when i was out of shape).
The weapon set in dab is a bit dull.
clankill3r

Postby DragonNinja » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:07 am

I guess Vino may as well just make TS:Source then.
DragonNinja

Postby Black_Stormy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:29 am

Weapons as in more guns are pretty straightforward to add, but knives need a lot of programming to work properly. You'd need them to arc and fall properly and such. Do you guys want to see more guns in DA or other types of weapons like crossbows and shit? I think it's good as a guns only game but I can appreciate the value in slinging a knife into some chumps neck. And a knife model is the easiest thing.
Black_Stormy

Postby Demolitions » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:50 pm

Black_Stormy wrote:Weapons as in more guns are pretty straightforward to add, but knives need a lot of programming to work properly. You'd need them to arc and fall properly and such. Do you guys want to see more guns in DA or other types of weapons like crossbows and shit? I think it's good as a guns only game but I can appreciate the value in slinging a knife into some chumps neck. And a knife model is the easiest thing.

¿por qué no los dos? I REALLY want a Revolver. I would put so many more hours into the game if there was one. I think the game doesnt really need to just be a guns game. Its about being stylish, and playing like an action movie.

I can't put it better:

Demolitions

Postby Black_Stormy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Well half life 2 has a revolver already, we could probably port that over. Although I'd much prefer to make one from scratch.
Black_Stormy

Postby Demolitions » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Black_Stormy wrote:Well half life 2 has a revolver already, we could probably port that over. Although I'd much prefer to make one from scratch.

Raging Bull was my first work horse back in my Rainbow Six Vegas pro days, though I ADORE the MP412 REX. What a sexy gun.
Demolitions

Postby Dementei » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:08 pm

the REX is pretty awesome, I think we can get raminul to work on a revolver after he gets done with mp5, we'll see.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby clankill3r » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:52 am

I REALLY want a Revolver. I would put so many more hours into the game if there was one. I think the game doesnt really need to just be a guns game. Its about being stylish, and playing like an action movie.

+1 for that.

About the hl2 revolver, I really dislike the speedloader, this makes it just like a colt1911 with only 6 bullets and a different visual appearing.
I would prefer no speedloader. And if we have them, it would be nice if you have to reload your speedloader as well. This way you can go to a full revolver + full speedloader which is 12 pretty fast shots, after then it's reloading time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOgu4yJAWoI
clankill3r

Return to Ideas and Suggestions