Popular models for TS Mod

What about werewolves?

Moderator: Scout

Popular models for TS Mod

Postby GhOstx » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm a really old long time player of TS mod, I'm so happy to see a spiritual successor to the original. I literally just discovered this mod today and am thrilled to see where it goes.

I have here a list of popular models both weapon and characters that were designed for TS years ago. These could give those with the ability to model/animate the opportunity to use these as a reference, some inspiration or even if the skills are present conversion.

[url]http://gamebanana.com/skins/games/62?mid=SubmissionsList&vl[sort]=desc&vl[order]=rating&vl[filters][age]=all[/url]
GhOstx

Re: Popular models for TS Mod

Postby Black_Stormy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Hey thanks for the link. I would like to make more weapons.
Black_Stormy

Postby GhOstx » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:08 pm

I used to be quite good with milkshape and did quite a few things for TS mod. I believe it still supports hl2 and source engine games.

If i can learn how to decompile your guys's models/animations i can definately rig a ton of new weapons up to your existing skeletons and even put together new animations for existing weapons. After which I'm sure they could be implemented into the actual game. Give me a bit to figure it out with your guys's resources and we'll see what i can whip up.
GhOstx

Postby Black_Stormy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:55 am

Decompiling is simple, get crowbar. As for the rig and stuff, all our source files are in the sync. You can download all of the latest working files and a bunch of our source files here: http://sync.doubleactiongame.com/ or you can get bit torrent sync and use our read only secret code: BPOJT55Z4BFMS6H3OH6QR7IFHZN3LDGP5 to have all that stuff synced realtime.

And just ask if you have any questions. :wink:
Black_Stormy

Postby GhOstx » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:10 pm

Great, thanks for the resources. I was able to decompile yesterday and I have a revolver on the way now...

The rigging is much much different It's going to take some patience, And would you happen to know if within your source files you have the set of arms just sort of straight forward so i can bend them myself with the shape of the gun? the ones I decompiled are a bit malformed to be able to straighten out.
GhOstx

Postby Black_Stormy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:37 pm

http://sync.doubleactiongame.com/Models/

Have a look through there. There should be the source files for the arms at some point, or maybe a .max file you can use. Are you using max?
Black_Stormy

Return to Ideas and Suggestions