Weapon Attachments and fire modes

What about werewolves?

Moderator: Scout

Weapon Attachments and fire modes

Postby nocturne saint » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:25 pm

I do not know if this has been suggested before, but sorry if it was.
I would like to see weapon attachments and fire modes for some of the current and possibly new weapons.

silencer adds style points and gets rid of muzzle flash reduces recoil, reduces damage
laser sights increases accuracy and adds a slight style extra but makes you totaly visable across the map like in ts3

extended clip, more ammo but longer reload time

semi auto reduced recoil (for full auto weapons)
scopes (nuff said)
extended barrel, weapon dropoff damage rates reduced but slower fire rate

++ extra ammo types, hollow points (extra damage but reduced style points)
flame rounds does small damage over time for a few seconds (semi auto weapon modes only)
rubber bullets (less damage but richochets)

sorry i could not think of anymore things :P
nocturne saint

Re: Weapon Attachments and fire modes

Postby nocturne saint » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:43 pm

come on people, atleast comment on what type of weapon attachments and things you would like to see in this thread :O don't let my typing time go to waste :P
nocturne saint

Postby Dementei » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:59 pm

I like all the ideas pretty much, not sure where these would fit into the long list of implementations but perhaps one day attachments will be a thing.
Dementei
BIG D

Postby Penguininnabox » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:54 am

Silencer: I am quite against any kind of "style bonus", at least while the insane "2x just cause you used this gun" is still knocking around, but this could be a way to implement it. Thers a negative side to getting your style bonus, though i dont think DA is the kind of game where less muzzle flash matters much :lol:

Laser sights: I like the concept, but not sure how fun it would be to have a game of rooftops with 16 dudes running around flashing lasers like its a rave party

Ex mags: This depends on how much ammo aand how much longer reload time.

Scopes: No, i dont think "nuff" was said :wink: What would be the downside to scopes? Additionally, anything with more zoom than a Holo sight just encourages camping imo.

Ex barrel: Is there even dropoff damage in DA? Seems like that might be a way to reduce extreme cases of camping (that 1 fucking roof in rooftops). And if that ends up being the case, less dropoff just makes camping eaiser, which we should be avoiding as much as possible.

Hollow point ammo: Ehh, I would need to see it in action to know for sure, but I am already imagining putting extra damage on the beretta or the mp5 and I am just horrified at the prospect.

Flame rounds: No. Perhaps this is just me, but i HATE it when burn effects get set like this. If this is REALLY asked for then do it like Loadout. Shots do half dmg on impact, and the other half burns over time. Additionally, there needs to be ways to fight it as the player getting burned. Rolling to reduce flame dmg comes to mind, though that might interrupt flow if you get hit in the middle of a big fight

Rubber Bullets: As much as i hate to end on a negative note, a big fat no to this one too. This sounds like a great idea at first, but what happens when 8+ people are all using bouncing bullets? Unless they only bounce once (in which case they would be useless imo) you wouldnt be able to take 2 steps without running in to some dickheads shot.

Overall, good ideas, just try to think of how they could be abused in the future.
Scout wrote:How the hell did these arctic animals get so good with firearms?
Penguininnabox

Postby clankill3r » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:52 pm

I think it would be cool if silencers:

make you have less noise with footsteps,
have really lower damage then without silencer, except for headshots, this should have a damage increase.
clankill3r

Return to Ideas and Suggestions