basic character editor

What about werewolves?

Moderator: Scout

basic character editor

Postby VelonJack » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:43 pm

3 characters is fine enough but there needs to at least be a color picker for shirts and stuff. also intermediary weapon status between plain and gold (make bronze and silver weapons). Just stuff to distinguish the players (not that that's a problem when every game's free for all)
VelonJack

Re: basic character editor

Postby Black_Stormy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:14 am

I like the sound of tintable areas on players. They did this in left 4 dead to add variety to the zombies, and car models. Not sure if it's something Vino can hack in without the source code though. And I have no idea how it would work in practice either.

I can always pump out skins and people in the community who know how can reskin our stuff too. Well DA is a source mod so it's the same as doing it for CS:S, CS:GO, Portal, TF2, HL2 etc. There's heaps of tutorials on the net, you could learn how too. Actually I can't find a good tutorial on adding skins to models, I might do a video on it. In any case, anybody can get all our source files [url="http://sync.doubleactiongame.com/"]here[/url] if they want to fiddle around.

About character models in general, we kind of have to decide wether we're going to pay a pro to do it properly or forget it altogether, but we're all broke.
Black_Stormy

Postby Rai » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:16 am

Depending on cost, I might be able to pitch in.
Rai

Postby Scout » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:48 pm

Don't forget that being on Steam means we can have a Steam workshop. That won't provide software for editing models or textures, but it will give us a way to organize and show off community submissions.
Scout

Return to Ideas and Suggestions