da_morgendorffer doors

What about werewolves?

Moderator: Scout

da_morgendorffer doors

Postby Trop » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:55 am

Please remove or disable physics for the automatic doors on the map "da_morgendorffer".

They often close in my face and then don't open again until you back up and retrigger it. Totally screws me up a lot of the time especially when completing objectives.
Trop

Re: da_morgendorffer doors

Postby Vino » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:26 am

Yeah why aren't these physics swinging doors like the rest of them?
[ Tw | Fb | G+ ]
Vino
We'll see

Postby Trop » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:29 pm

Honestly even those physics doors are problematic. They will more than occasionally spaz out and not open or they'll fling you far away.

They're cool though. Maybe have players able to walk through it but the door still reacts to the player so it still looks good.
Trop

Postby Black_Stormy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:39 pm

We could make them all physics props with a mass of 0.0001, so the player hits them and that but they just flap out of the way.

Actually I'm going to test that.
Black_Stormy

Postby B4iken » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Black_Stormy wrote:We could make them all physics props with a mass of 0.0001, so the player hits them and that but they just flap out of the way.

Could we get style points for flapping a door on someone's face on the other side of the door ?
No ? darn.
B4iken

Postby Trop » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:56 pm

Black_Stormy wrote:We could make them all physics props with a mass of 0.0001, so the player hits them and that but they just flap out of the way.

It seems like the doors are almost too wide at times. If this doesn't work maybe giving them a bit of a gap would help them swing more freely.
Trop

Postby Black_Stormy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:58 pm

After a fair bit of fiddling about, I can't get anything I am satisfied with so I'm sticking to my mantra of static doors that direct the plyer into the doorway. I haven't touched morgendorffer yet but when I do I'll change all the doors to static. It's a shame though I reall ylike the idea of automatic doors.
Black_Stormy

Postby Trop » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:56 am

Black_Stormy wrote:After a fair bit of fiddling about, I can't get anything I am satisfied with so I'm sticking to my mantra of static doors that direct the plyer into the doorway. I haven't touched morgendorffer yet but when I do I'll change all the doors to static. It's a shame though I reall ylike the idea of automatic doors.

The automatic doors would work fine as long as they are always open when any players are near. Extending the range could possibly fix it.
Trop

Return to Ideas and Suggestions