What about werewolves?

Moderator: Scout

Team DeathMatch

Postby Darkneblade » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:12 pm

TDM is good for clans gangs and etc i hope will add there soon
Darkneblade

Re: Team DeathMatch

Postby Rai » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:36 pm

It actually does exist. I see it happen via votes sometimes.
I just have no clue how to enable it for a few servers.

VINO I NEED YOUR HELP.
Rai

Postby Penguininnabox » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Unless Vino's been working hard at it along with the steam release, trust me you DONT want to activate it. Its highly buggy, right down to the spawning. On the subject of TDM however, what kind of a direction are we planning to go with it? Because last i saw it all it was was FFA where I could shoot less people so really whats the point? I like the concept of reworking the FFA gamemodes to be more team oriented, though. Perhaps TDM could be more of an objective mode, where a minigame is always active, and the team scores points as a whole for acomplishing objectives. Though I would want more variety in that, it would get repetitive pretty quick with the current set of 3 minigames.
Scout wrote:How the hell did these arctic animals get so good with firearms?
Penguininnabox

Postby Scout » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Rai, TDM wasn't disabled or even really changed for the Steam release. Players can still vote for it, but there's not currently a way to hard set a server to TDM only. The flag to start on TDM should be something like "mp_teamplay 1" - maybe there's a way to set this at the beginning of every new map?

But, as penguin said, we have a lot of deep thinking yet to do about the design of TDM in Double Action. Frankly, it's currently pretty bad. I think it's best to let the players decide, and right now TDM represents only 2-4% of total gameplay time on a peak day, which indicates that players either aren't voting for it or are voting away from it very quickly (or don't know about it).
Scout

Return to Ideas and Suggestions